Circle North

The Scorpsie thread (Read 331 times)

L Train

I'm glad he wanted to run the thing and I barely needed to ask him.  What I didn't tell him was that it was going to be REALLY HOT.  He seriously thought we would run an 8 flat pace without an issue.  After I stopped laughing, and told him he was fat and out of shape and there was NO WAY he could run 8s in this heat with him being fat and out of shape.  I told him we would try to run 9 flat and see how that goes after the first mile.  2 minutes in he knew he was screwed.  Although I am not in the running for FOTY I have never told my kid that coming in 2nd place was the same as being the first loser.

Tom Cote asked me after the academic fair this year whether Ethan was going to be grounded for his second place showing.  Currently awaiting oration results...

And Connor is awesome.  I love how he acknowledges me and disregards me all in one word.  Come to think of it Ali sort of does the same thing but differently.

L Train

Look who might be training better than any of us right now.

It's official - registered for ATL.  I should also sign up for Bay State before I change my mind.

I think the Leighs (working on both) are in for baystate if you have room in the car. ATL 24 hour?

Cool, and I would definitely have room.  I'm running the ATL Marathon distance but they have a 12 and 24 hour group as well.

I think the Leighs (working on both) are in for baystate if you have room in the car. ATL 24 hour?

The half at Baystate is being pondered seriously by me.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Excellent.

The half at Baystate is being pondered seriously by me.

It's official - registered for ATL.  I should also sign up for Bay State before I change my mind.

Me Too !!!

L Train

Thanks GD.  Just checked the calendar and I'm booked that weekend already.   Don't need to book a 3rd fail before a second attempt.

L Train

And Doug, awesome.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

I read this to mean you will be back to defend your title.  Awesome.

Or, it could mean you are planning to singlehandedly turn a NFL franchise into multiple decades of dysfunction.

I suppose this is also a false dichotomy.

I've created a training plan for Around the Lake and would love to get some feedback from the group either through this thread or DM.  I've made some edits based on L Train's feedback but he's encouraged me to post to you guys for additional thoughts.  In general, this is a rough outline that will flex based my personal/work schedule along with how I'm feeling physically.  I'll also likely run some 5ks, or other races along way depending on what works.   This fall I'll create a 2nd plan for Bay State that will include a Half (or 25K), along with other races and likely ask for feedback there too.  Anyway, thoughts welcomed.

L Train

This plan sucks.