Circle North

St Thomas 5k 2014 (Read 17 times)

As some of you know, I have taken over the Running Club for L Train at St Thomas and hoping some of you can help me pace the kids as you've done in previous years.   If you don't know already the St Thomas 5k is scheduled for October 25th which is the Saturday after Bay State.   I know you guys have lots going with families and work but wanted to get the word out early.  We've practiced for 2 weeks and it's pretty clear that Lewis Fink will be defending his school crown from a year ago when he was in the 4th grade.  The kid can fly and I bet he has a chance at <21.

L Train

Sorry, no help for you from this bunch.  Good luck!

L Train

And yeah to Lewis, give him to Eric.

L Train

OK, Sister whatsherface there shamed me into it.  In!

L Train

I know it must be a real challenge following in my footsteps so I'm happy to help you get your bearings.

I'll make an effort to be available, that kid-pacing gig is fun stuff. I'll let you know.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Parent -  "Umm...Are you Mr. Curcio?"

Me - "Yes.  Can I help you?"

Parent - "No.  I just wanted to say thank you."

Me - "Umm...ok"

Parent - "Well, it's just that....you know....That person....from last year?"

Me - "You mean Lance Hoenig?"

Parent - "Yes.  I think that was his name.  He seemed to have all of the clothes and sneakers a runner would have....I mean the race shirts and all....but...."

Me - " You didn't like it when he told your kid to suck it up and run?"

Parent - " Yes.....How did you know?"

Me - "It's a long story"

I know it must be a real challenge following in my footsteps so I'm happy to help you get your bearings.

L Train

That's gotta be Kennedie Boston's mom.

Suck it up and run is right.

Wait, your actually letting them walk?  WTF, dude?

L Train

I want to be back with the 40 minute group so I can just relentlessly drive their asses forward.

Hey Mr Sensitivity - it was a joke.  I'll ask Ali if she wants you to pace her.  She basically told me today she didn't want me to run with her this year.

I want to be back with the 40 minute group so I can just relentlessly drive their asses forward.

L Train

Hey Mr. Stresscase -I was joking also.

(liked the part about me dressing the part though - I laughed).

Having a medical procedure the day after the marathon so I don't expect to run for at least a week. Sounds like fun but I will likely be on the sidelines for this one. Sorry I can't help out.

I'll probably only run about half of Bay State then quit.

So I'm probably going to race this.

But if I happen to finish the marathon then sure i'll help out.

I'll probably only run about half of Bay State then quit.

So I'm probably going to race this.

But if I happen to finish the marathon then sure i'll help out.