Circle North

Boston 2014 (Read 22 times)

My salty dogs

Congrats to all those that represented Circle North yesterday in the 118th Boston Marathon.  You were part of a historic day and should be proud of your accomplishments.  Getting there is no easy task-qualifying, training through a tough Maine winter and then encountering a warmer than expected race day. You are one of a very small number who can make this claim.  I hope to join you in Boston someday.

+1

I like the way you think.

4/20/15

Wall street journal take

Long distance running remains primarily an asocial behavior. Those pictures of tens of thousands rumbling along might make marathoning look mainstream, but in the middle of the pack it feels intensely countercultural. In the crassest sense, it is a polite way of raising a middle finger to anyone who dares suggest that we can't do it or threatens our right to.

To run a marathon is to tempt fate, to wink and grin at death and whisper, "Catch me if you can." Then we place one foot in front of the other roughly 40,000 times, and somehow the mundane becomes magical, never more so than this year in Greater Boston, when everyone seemed like a buddy and the whole city was Boston Athletic Association blue-and-yellow.

Randall

L Train

Funny to see that pic and realize how hot everyone ended up getting.  Like Jim said, the early AM/long wait/late start has to take it's toll on people at Boston.  

Randall

M Sherman at it again

"Beep, Beep!"

http://youtu.be/MTo7zVGBbVc

Meb winning Boston

watch when you need motivation!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!