Circle North

Mill Cities (Read 317 times)

"Beep, Beep!"

Mill Cities Relay 2011

WCRC Team Members after the Mill Cities Relay 2011

WCRC is a member of the Mill Cities Alliance and competes every December in the Mill Cities Relay – the running club championship of the Merrimack Valley. Last year, WCRC fielded 128 runners on 28 teams covering male and female team divisions from open (18+) to ancients (70+).

2012 Race Information

The Mill Cities Relay will be run on Sunday December 2, 2012. This is the Running Club Championship of the Merrimac Valley: a relay team race open to invited “mill cities” clubs only (including WCRC). The Mill Cities Relay is an “all hands on deck” event for the club. All WCRC club members are encouraged to participate. There is NO LIMIT to the number of WCRC relay teams. There is NO COST for WCRC members who participate (the club pays all race fees). EVERYONE has a good time!  Check out the past results (http://www.millcities.com), you’ll see that WCRC has been a “player” at Mill Cities for many years.

The five relay legs are 5.4, 4.75, 2.5, 9.5, and 4.75 miles. You can check out the course maps at http://www.millcities.com. All of the legs are relatively fast. There are some minor ups and downs, but there are no “4000 footers” between Nashua and Lawrence. There are men’s, women’s, and mixed teams in 18+, 40+, 50+, 60+, and 70+ age divisions. The relay starts at 8:00 AM. The racing is wrapped up by noon, but there is a great multi-club post-race runners party at the Claddagh Pub at the finish line in Lawrence that makes it worth staying into the afternoon if you can.

WCRC Team Coordinators Laurie Gaudreau and John Webber are in charge of organizing the WCRC teams. If you would like to participate on a WCRC team at mill cities, send the following information to Laurie at lauriegaudreau@rocketmail.com. DON’T BE SHY, VOLUNTEER TO RUN FOR THE CLUB. IF YOU SUBMIT YOUR NAME YOU WILL BE PUT ON A TEAM – NO ONE GETS LEFT OUT.

————————–

Name:

Email address:

Telephone number (cell number PREFERRED):

Typical pace per mile (or time) in a 10k race:

Time-of-day/leg restrictions or desires:

————————–

PLEASE EMAIL THE INFORMATION ABOVE TO LAURIE ATlauriegaudreau@rocketmail.com even if you may have previously talked to Laurie or John at a club meeting or race or wherever. It is a lot easier to keep things coordinated if they have an email from each person who wants to participate.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE CLUB PAYS YOUR ENTRY FEE ($15 PER PERSON), BUT IN RETURN IT IS EXPECTED THAT YOU ARE RUNNING FOR THE CLUB. Laurie and John have the task of organizing 100+ runners into 20+ teams and they need to be free to place individuals into spots that will maximize the club’s overall scoring.

For more information, or to get your name on the list today, contact Laurie Gaudreau atlauriegaudreau@rocketmail.com.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

If cuch comes with a straw I could probably come. 

i am not going to make this. i wish i was but it's time to pay the piper.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Teams are posted... no idea if Laurie is still recruiting at this point.  Not sure how smart this is for me to do but if Sailor can run two marathons in 2 weeks and set PRs in each, then hopefully I can do this and not hurt or embarrass myself.  Might be good that i got the long leg as it will be closer to the pace I ran in Philly vs trying to do a 2.5 miles sprint.  I'll take any advice to prepare for this thing in the wake of Phillly.

http://runthecircle.org/wordpress/wp-content/documents/Mill%20Cities%202012.pdf

What was I chasing again?

Rob, you've got it made. You're on the B team, which is the place to be. And you got the good leg. They might try and tell you blah blah blah sometimes the B team counts in the scoring if something bad happens to the A team, but yeah, no. All you have to do is show up, be in place for the handoff, run your leg at whatever pace you desire (you won't be timed) and then hand off to somebody else. Then go to the Claddagh Pub for the after, which is the best part.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.