Circle North

Mill Cities Relay (Read 15 times)

Randall

The Mill Cities Relay will be run on Sunday December 6, 2015. This is the Running Club Championship of the Merrimac Valley: a relay team race open to invited "mill cities" clubs only (including the Winners Circle Running Club). The Mill Cities Relay is an "all hands on deck" event for the club.

All WCRC club members are encouraged to participate. There is NO LIMIT to the number of WCRC relay teams. There is NO COST for WCRC members who participate (the club pays all race fees). EVERYONE has a good time! Check out the past results (http://www.millcities.com), you'll see that WCRC has been an important "player" at Mill Cities for many years. The five relay legs are 5.4, 4.75, 2.5, 9.5, and 4.75 miles. You can check out the course maps at http://www.millcities.com. The course follows the river and all of the legs are relatively fast. There are some minor ups and downs, but there are no mountains between Nashua and Lawrence. There are men's, women's, and mixed teams in 18+, 30+, 40+, 50+, 60+, and 70+ age divisions. The relay starts at 8:00 AM. The racing is wrapped up by noon, but there is a great multi-club post-race runners party at the Claddagh Pub at the finish line in Lawrence that makes it worth staying into the afternoon if you can. WCRC Team Coordinators Chris Grange and Dan Maguire are in charge of organizing the WCRC teams. If you would like to participate on a WCRC team at mill cities, send the following information to Chris at CGrange83@hotmail.com. DON'T BE SHY, VOLUNTEER TO RUN FOR THE CLUB. IF YOU SUBMIT YOUR NAME YOU WILL BE PUT ON A TEAM - NO ONE GETS LEFT OUT. -------------------------- Name: Age: Gender: Email address: Telephone number (CELL NUMBER PREFERRED): Typical pace per mile (or time) in a 10k race: Time-of-day/leg restrictions or desires: -------------------------- PLEASE EMAIL ALL OF THE INFORMATION ABOVE TO CHRIS AT CGrange83@hotmail.com. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE CLUB PAYS YOUR ENTRY FEE ($15 PER PERSON), BUT IN RETURN IT IS EXPECTED THAT YOU ARE RUNNING FOR THE CLUB. Chris and Dan have the task of organizing 100+ runners into 20+ teams and they need to be free to place individuals into spots that will maximize the club's overall scoring. For more information, or to get your name on the list today, contact Chris at CGrange83@hotmail.com. ===========================

http://www.runthecircle.org.

Fro

This was so much fun last year - who's in? Would be cool to get a CN team or two...

It is a fun day if enough of us do it. I might be in. They probably wouldn't put us together on a CN team, though. You just have to take whatever assignment you get and roll with it. The logistics of it all are kind of a pain in the ass but it is fun.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

Out of course.  I should just copy and paste that everywhere.

Out of course.  I should just copy and paste that everywhere.

That is probably really close to whatever you are not training for.

GregM

I've done this several times and will again this year. It's great to run with some new faces and connect with familiar ones at the post-race party, and perhaps at the various exchange points.  The party offers free hot food and beer at the bar (not free but worth every penny). Every CN member should do this at least once, if not annually. SO THAT MEANS, TALL DAVE, YOU NEED TO DO THIS. I just found out last night that you haven't yet. I would have bet you had.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Randall

If you would like to participate on a WCRC team at mill cities, send the following information to Chris at CGrange83@hotmail.com. DON'T BE SHY, VOLUNTEER TO RUN FOR THE CLUB. IF YOU SUBMIT YOUR NAME YOU WILL BE PUT ON A TEAM - NO ONE GETS LEFT OUT. -------------------------- Name: Age: Gender: Email address: Telephone number (CELL NUMBER PREFERRED): Typical pace per mile (or time) in a 10k race: Time-of-day/leg restrictions or desires: -------------------------- PLEASE EMAIL ALL OF THE INFORMATION ABOVE TO CHRIS AT CGrange83@hotmail.com. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE CLUB PAYS YOUR ENTRY FEE ($15 PER

Fro

Bob - do you know assignments yet? Haven't heard anything from Chris at all??? either has Greg?

Who else is doing this???

Randall

Should hear by Friday

Looking for fast young runners

They have enough OLLLLD RUNNERS