Circle North

Garmin 910 (Read 14 times)

Home Away From Home

Any of you CN's spent the cash on a Garmin Forerunner 910?????  My old Garmin is out the window and it is time for a new one. It is some big bucks but has some nice features, didn't know if any of you had one yet and could offer any advice. I don't know if it is good or bad but if you check the Garmin webpage on it, it remotely links to a Tanita brand scale and remotely uploads your weight, BMI, denisty and like 16 other things to your computer, pretty scary shit.

PS- Yes, I am still alive, trying to get my knee to recover, I took a huge hit 2 months or so ago, tried to run on it once in awhile and it wasn't heeling so with the new job I decided to not run for a stretch and try to heel. I get off here on Monday and hope to try an easy 2-3 miles on tuesday and see if I am back in the game or a true cripple that needs to see a doctor.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

L Train

Hey Michael, good to see you post.  I don't have that Garmin, not aware of anyone here that does.  I don't think I plan on getting one though, because I really don't even use the features of the one I have.

Any of you CN's spent the cash on a Garmin Forerunner 910????? 

how's the new job?

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

that fucker's 400 dollars on sale! that's 3 pairs of hokas, 2 snowmobile helmets, a plane ticket to iceland, 10 registration fees to ghost train, my cottage fee at placid or or or or or or or or.....

is that thing a watch? or a jeep?

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Home Away From Home

A JEEP, don't insult the 450 watch, it is Land Rover or a Mercedes or something. You are just jealous :-) My old Garmin is busted, might as well try it out since I have to get a new one.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Home Away From Home

how's the new job?

Loving it, having a ball, get back to Maine late monday, spend the night in portland and then head to Sanford to pick up my truck from Trevors to head up to Rumford.  I have been learning a lot and really enjoying it out here. Sure there are parts of the old job I miss but in the end, this will be better for Allycia and I both I think.

MM#5768

MacJim

that fucker's 400 dollars on sale! that's 3 pairs of hokas, 2 snowmobile helmets, a plane ticket to iceland, 10 registration fees to ghost train, my cottage fee at placid or or or or or or or or.....

Can I purchase my plane ticket to iceland through you?