Circle North

Herding Cats in the Winter (Read 32 times)

It's official, no cat-herding at this juncture. Wouldn't be prudent.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I am also running Wilmington and would like to catch the bus if possible.

Time to start thinking about this again.  What a great time it was last year!  I think we all really need this for our upcoming training and I'm certain that I benefited from it very much last year.  I'm posting it early but don't wait too long to commit and miss out on your spot. 

Date                     Host

12/28.                

1/4.                      

1/11.                     Tom & vangie

1/18                      Dave T MLK Run

1/25.                      Rob & Maggie 

2/1                        Mid-Winter Classic 10 miles

2/8                        CANCELLED

2/15                      Alicia 

2/22                    Half at the Hamptons    13.1 miles,  Run from the Beaulieus

3/1.                      Eric and Gwen

3/8                        Cremer's

3/15

3/22.                                

I'll pick march1st . Less hills this year. Probably a 20 mile route with shorter options.

Extend this out a few weeks. I'll take March 22'nd.

Oh sure, im running a marathon that day.

Extend this out a few weeks. I'll take March 22'nd.

Heh. Doesn't have to be the 22'nd, I just want one toward the end. The 8'th would also work.

"Beep, Beep!"

Time to start thinking about this again.  What a great time it was last year!  I think we all really need this for our upcoming training and I'm certain that I benefited from it very much last year.  I'm posting it early but don't wait too long to commit and miss out on your spot. 

Date                     Host

12/28.                  Gwen & egad 

1/4

1/11

1/18                      Dave T MLK Run   Can anyone else take this weekend?

1/25

2/1                           Mid-Winter Classic 10 miles

2/8

2/15

2/22

3/1.                      Doug. 20 miles

3/8                        Cremer's

3/15

3/22.                                

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

"Beep, Beep!"

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

GregM

Too funny ... that's perfect!

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

ACrosby

I can do 2/15, it will have hills

Maggie & I will take 1/25.

What was I chasing again?

Eric....  Maggie and I said 1/25 not 1/4.

Thanks for correcting.

What was I chasing again?

Randall

The popular WCRC Boston Training Run series starts Saturday, December 20. Eight runs of increasing distance will be held at 2 week intervals, spanning the Boston training timeframe. To make sure you don't get bored, each run will be hosted by different WCRC members at different locations in the WCRC kingdom (MA, NH, ME). All WCRC members are invited to participate, whether or not you are running Boston. Shorter courses will also be designed for each session for those not interested in marathon distances.

The first WCRC Boston Training Long Run (10-12 miles) will be at the Winner’s Circle Sports Bar in Salisbury, MA on Saturday, December 20 starting at 9:30 AM, hosted by WCRC (note the slightly later start time, since we’ll all be staying up late that night at the WCRC Christmas Party).

WCRC member hosts have been identified for the subsequent runs on 2/1 (16-18 miles) and 3/15 (18-20 miles) ... thanks Tom and Michelle!

HOSTS are needed for 1/4, 1/18, 2/15, 3/1 and 3/29 (all Sundays). Hosts are asked to provide a warm place to meet/change, lay out the route, and post info. about best place for fueling stops, to put out water, and any other relevant info. etc. Hosts are free to add shorter alternative distance for non-marathoners/novices, say 6-8 milers. Start time determined by host. If you interested in hosting a run, contact Mike McCormick at mamcc12@gmail.com.

Go to the WCRC website (in the main menu under "Running") for more information on dates and locations.
                              12/20(sat.) 10-12 Winner's Circle. 9:30 a.m.
                              1/4 12-14
                              1/18 14-16
                              2/1 16-18 Tom Galvin. Newburyport
                              2/15 16-18
                              3/1 18-20
                              3/15 18-20 Michelle Zoeller- Hampton
                              3/29 20-22
                              ===========================
                              http://www.runthecircle.org

We just changed our group date from 12/28 to 2/8.  So unless anyone else steps up to host 12/28 or 1/4, our first group run will be on Jan 11 at Tom & Vangie's.