Circle North

2010 Run for the Gym times (Read 149 times)

GregM

Am I the only one noticing that the official time is less than what I recorded as my time?  There seems to be a 5-second difference.  Any explanation?

I would love to have run a sub-6 pace, but according to my Garmin, which I trust to be correct, I did not.

-Greg M.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

I also was a few seconds over my "official" time on my Garmin. I attributed it mostly to not knowing exactly where the finish line was, and thus waiting until I was most of the way through the chute to hit stop. Maybe that's it, maybe not, but I'm too damn happy with my official time to worry about it too much. Call me greedy.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

I think there was a few seconds difference.  I attribute it to the human factor of not having chips.

My salty dogs

I think there was a few seconds difference.  I attribute it to the human factor of not having chips.

I've been in plenty of races where this was reversed and had to accept what they gave me.  I'll take the 2 extra seconds I seemed to gain here. Plus my GPS had  3.12 so maybe the .02 is equal to 2 seconds?

we all jumped the start. remember?

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/