Circle North

Wilmington Half 2014 (Read 15 times)

Dear Scorps,

Thank you for registering for Wilmington's 10th Annual Half Marathon & 5K Run/Walk! To avoid long lines on race day, you may pick up your bib number at the Race Site (10 Waltham St.) on Saturday, 9/27, 10am - 2pm. Please find a confirmation of your registration below:

Tell your friends about the race on Facebook!

----------------------------------------

Most of you guys probably knew to go to RaceWire to register.

Come on slackers.  Register.

I'm registered.

L Train

Bus leaves from the Y at 7:30.

L Train

Just was told that the course is no longer short and it has recently been certified.  So PR attempts are a go for those who want them.

Only if you stay on course.

What was I chasing again?

GregM

I'm registered.  Egad, this is your rematch.

Hoping to get Andy to run with us.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Oh no! So much for not racing this thing.

I'm registered.  Egad, this is your rematch.

Hoping to get Andy to run with us.

L Train

It's gonna be you know, like, warm.  Good thing I have a proven track record of success in the heat.

Good god.  I may just go ahead and drink those 12 double bags Saturday night....but there is good news!

It's gonna be you know, like, warm.  Good thing I have a proven track record of success in the heat.

The good news is that there is pre-race warm up by Jazzercise!

----------------------------------------------------------

Subject:  See You Sunday!

<dl><dt>To</dt><dd>

• spcurcio1023@yahoo.com
                      </dd></dl>

Greetings Athletes,

Looking forward to seeing you all Sunday at the race!

Final race tips/reminders:

- To date, we have 494 pre-registrants and we expect another 150 on race day. That said, please plan accordingly your bib pick-up. You have 2 options:
                      1. Saturday, 10 – 2pm at race site (10 Waltham St.) OR
                      2. Sunday, 8– 9:30am at race site. Your bibs will be INSIDE the WCTV building.

- Race line up will begin at 9:40. Both races start at the same location at staggered times. 5K runners first, followed by 5K walkers, then Half runners. Your bib will have a chip that will be activated once you cross the start line.

- Free parking at race site. Parking attendants will direct you. Other good places to park are at the train station across from Elias Country Store, the RMV, or Reading Co-op Bank lot.

- Pre-race warm up by Jazzercise of Wilmington from 8:30 – 9:30.

- We will have labels to put your name on if you want to store your race bags in the WCTV conference room.

- 6 portable restrooms at the race site, 1 out on course at Woburn St. School. (Half @ mile 5 & 8), (5K @ mile 2). Plan accordingly.

- Water Stops: Half at miles 2, 5, 8, 10, 12 (8 & 12 are Gatorade stops). 5K at mile 2.

- Check out the certified courses on our race page at www.wilmingtonmachamber.com. The courses will be marked with tape and volunteers on course to direct you.

- All participants will receive a ribbon. Overall & top 3 medals/awards by race/gender, age & team. Hope you will stick around for the awards presentations; 5K around 11:15 and Half around 12:30. Our timing company will do their best to quickly produce results. Results will be posted at the site, on racewire.com and coolrunning.com. Any issues with results should be directed to racewire.com

- Post race refreshments served.

- The Epilepsy Foundation will be at the race site collecting used clothing for NE children & families living with epilepsy – please donate if you have items.

- Post race party at Red Heat Tavern at 300 Lowell St. – show them your bib and receive a free appetizer.

- If you have a friend that has not signed up yet. Remind them, they can sign up on race day from 8 - 9:30am.

If you have questions, please contact the Chamber at 978-657-7211 or wilmingtonchamber@verizon.net

Good luck to all! See You Sunday!

L Train

I find the whole "5k runners, then 5k walkers, then HM people" kind of an odd mix.  I'm imagining passing a bunch of slower 5k runners and of course walkers.  Why not send the HM people out first, and delay the 5k start so that there isn't course congestion and that people finish closer to the same time?

And why the hell is there a 10:00 start?  Seems to me one year I heard it had something to do with the train schedule.  

I think they felt that the band "Jazzercise" would make up for all the shitty planning and warm weather.   Maybe after the race they will have Earth, Wind, and Fire!  I love a good horn section.

I find the whole "5k runners, then 5k walkers, then HM people" kind of an odd mix.  I'm imagining passing a bunch of slower 5k runners and of course walkers.  Why not send the HM people out first, and delay the 5k start so that there isn't course congestion and that people finish closer to the same time?

And why the hell is there a 10:00 start?  Seems to me one year I heard it had something to do with the train schedule.  

I'm headed down to the motherland tonight for a family function.  I'll see you guys in Wilmington tomorrow morning.

So who is actually running this?

Scorepio
                              Egad
                              L Train
                              Greg2

Alycia

Anyone else?  GregC?

What was I chasing again?

L Train

Greg C is but I don't think he is racing.