Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

LOL... Good for you.  I am too old to be that numb. I am afraid I might fall asleep and die in there.

Rob - took my first ice bath last night from your advice - Man, I thought it was cold outside yesterday - WOW, the pals have never been so cold!

What was I chasing again?

Maine Coast Marathon sent out an email about Shipyard beer being their new sponsor, blah blah blah whatever. When you open it, though, there is a very familiar typically smiling face right there at the top of the page.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

ACrosby

Congrats to Fro. Not sure the official results for the hangover Classic 10k but pretty sure he PR'd and was very happy with his sub 44:00 time. Nice work! I want to say it had to have been due to the warm up

Having trouble posting but I'm pretty sure Alicia left out an important detail or two there. Congrats all around.

Randall

********** FEMALE OVERALL RESULTS ***********
                1 AMY BERNARD          36 HAMPSTEAD       NH   38:55 
                2 BETH DOLLAS          37 AMESBURY        MA   39:35 
                3 ALICIA CROSBY        29 ALFRED          ME   41:11
            Fro

Congrats to Alicia! I know you didn't get your sub-40:00, but man, you finished top three overall - wow! Thanks for showing me the value of a pre-race warm-up, minus the bathroom stop hunt... Super pumped about my effort and had a blast hanging with Alicia and supporting the WCRC!

"Beep, Beep!"

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

GregM

********** FEMALE OVERALL RESULTS ***********
                      1 AMY BERNARD          36 HAMPSTEAD       NH   38:55 
                      2 BETH DOLLAS          37 AMESBURY        MA   39:35 
                      3 ALICIA CROSBY        29 ALFRED          ME   41:11

The only surprise here is that Alicia did not go sub-40. She must have missed a turn because that's the only reason she did not go sub 40 in her last 10k.  I know that for a fact.  Or maybe she took a bathroom break, which I think is why she was not sub 3:15 at Bay State. No wait, I forgot, she was sporting one at the Hangover Classic.  Nice job, Alicia! To think that you even finished after all that drinking is impressive.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

ACrosby

The only surprise here is that Alicia did not go sub-40. She must have missed a turn because that's the only reason she did not go sub 40 in her last 10k.  I know that for a fact.  Or maybe she took a bathroom break, which I think is why she was not sub 3:15 at Bay State. No wait, I forgot, she was sporting one at the Hangover Classic.  Nice job, Alicia! To think that you even finished after all that drinking is impressive.

Aren't you funny. No drinking and the potty break took place before, not during, the race this time. Just wasn't my day to break 40:00, I'm confident I will in the future.

good luck to you MWCers and whoever.

race to the conditions and run within ur means.

i know ur not idiots. something told me to write that.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

+1.  Be safe and give it hell

good luck to you MWCers and whoever.

race to the conditions and run within ur means.

i know ur not idiots. something told me to write that.

gadman

+2 from Circle North West

I just met a guy named Matt Soule-Parent at the Y. He's registered for MWC but can't be there, and offered to let me run as him if I wanted. I don't want, but if anybody does, there ya go.

GregM

I'm interested, but as I look at the temp, it's somewhat daunting.  I suppose I'd give it a try if it's still available.

GregM

Good luck to all those who are running tomorrow.  Stay warm!