Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

This just seems like suicide.  I can't imagine attempting any leg of this much less the whole thing.

What was I chasing again?

It's come to my attention that what I thought was allergies is actually a pretty nasty cold, so if you've been around me in the last day or two and perhaps have an upcoming race, you should take precautions. Sincerely,  Typhoid Mary.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I believe the gestation time and average recovery time is less than two weeks for the average cold.... so we all should be able to get sick in the next few days and still recover in time.  Not a preferred use of the taper.

What was I chasing again?

"Beep, Beep!"

As of 1:00 PM Saturday

FEMALE

NumNameCountryGroupLapsDistance CompletedTime
          521 Siobhan Maize Mt Pleasant, SC Female - Finished Run Double 29:07:53
          523 Stacey Shand Kelowna, Canada Female 20/26 40.308 M Run 29:31:50
          509 Robin Cucinotta North Berwick, ME Female 20/26 40.308 M Run 29:47:40
          522 Shangrila Rendon Pasadena, CA Female 30/45 149.330 M Bike 26:29:09

Only 12 more miles to go... Go Robin

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

"Beep, Beep!"

DONE

FEMALE

NumNameCountryGroupLapsDistance CompletedTime
            521 Siobhan Maize Mt Pleasant, SC Female - Finished Run Double 29:07:53
            523 Stacey Shand Kelowna, Canada Female - Finished Run Double 32:18:11
            509 Robin Cucinotta North Berwick, ME Female - Finished Run Double 32:43:24
            522 Shangrila Rendon Pasadena, CA Female 30/45 149.330 M Bike 26:29:09

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

I've decided that I'm officially OUT for Baystate. I need to get my hip happy again before I start getting ready to get ready for next year's Boston, and the way to do that is to stop aggravating it by doing races that I'm not healed enough to do in the first place. I'll be bummed to miss it, but it's the right thing to do.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

MacJim

Smart move. Get healthy. I believe you are now truly ready to be on jeopardy.

Congratulations to Michelle for kicking butt at MDI. Her tune up for Marine corps. Robin and her make us all look bad, deservingly so.

"Beep, Beep!"

Congrats to Michelle, and to all Jim Berger from Wells...

Randall

Michelle is running this race after 2 Marathons

Filling fast

The Third Annual Moose Pond Half Marathon and 5K will be held Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014, at Shawnee Peak. Online registration is now open. The half marathon is capped at 400 entrants, and online registration closes at midnight on Oct. 29. Half marathon entries will be available on race day only if the cap hasn’t been reached (there’s no cap for the 5K).

Congrats to Michelle, and to all Jim Berger from Wells...

congrats to Michelle again rocking the Marine corps marathon.

Heidi and Luanne shining new pr's at the loco marathon. Must be the Wednesday track work.

Great job ladies

Heidi and Luanne shining new pr's at the loco marathon. Must be the Wednesday track work.

I agree, very nice results here. An outstanding marathon season by many this year.

ltovey

ltovey

Thanks, Mike!

I'd say track workouts helped... Getting up at 5 am all summer wasn't all for nothing...

Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane

Randall

Turkey Trot / Dog Jog-Walk

You're invited to the Annual 5k Turkey Trot/ 1 Mile Dog Jog and new this year a 10K (two laps on the 5K route)! Saturday, November 22, 2014. 9am. Race starts from the Sanford Jr High located at 708 Main St. Hosted by the Sanford Parks and Recreation Department and by York Federal Credit Union, you have a chance to win gift cards to Hannaford's Supermarkets. NO ONLINE REGISTRATIONS CAN BE ENTERED AFTER THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2014.

Register at the Jr High if registering after 11/20/14. 
                                Staff will be at the race site at 8am

A Donation of 1 can good per runner is requested for the Sanford Food Pantry.  Thank You...