Circle North

Greg C Decides to Race (Read 402 times)

Heh all day at work everybody was freaking out about the weather and how they were going to get home, leaving early or just not coming in at all, etc. I was weighing whether I was willing to run loops around the high school in this shit if the Y closed. I'm happy I got just enough in at the Y to justify making it an easy choice.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

NOW FOR LEASE!  RENOVATIONS INSIDE AND OUT!  NEW ROOF! EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!

L Train

No. And I'd like to thank the good people at google maps for giving me the chance to see what that was going to be without actually having to watch it.

Google Maps. Because It's a Small World After All. A small, small world.

L Train

Come On.  You know you want to watch it.  CHOOSE LIFE.

Come On.  You know you want to watch it.  CHOOSE LIFE.

Said the Emo.

What was I chasing again?

L Train

Emo

Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle.

Weezer?

Jimmy Eat World?

L Train

Just when I thought you couldn't be any more exciting, there's this:

3/23/2014 – 3/29/2014:   57.7 mi      8:02:35      8:22 / mi

3/16/2014 – 3/22/2014:   57.5 mi      8:00:03      8:22 / mi

3/9/2014 – 3/15/2014:     58.7 mi      8:05:48      8:17 / mi

3/2/2014 – 3/8/2014:       58.4 mi      8:09:29      8:23 / mi

2/23/2014 – 3/1/2014:      56.7 mi      7:46:58      8:15 / mi

Tomorrow for some reason I am entered in a race. And so, after much navel-gazing, I have decided...

to race.

PR or blow up trying. It's on.

gadman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuEdU_lrtZk

as per request; to anyone considering this...this is a bare bones race...don't expect to be catered to like at hampton half.

o

Bob Najar

BCC

me

Feb 18

It's hard to believe that spring is only a little over a month away and maybe we won't see dirt trails before then!  Hopefully you are staying in shape by snowshoeing, skiing and shoveling snow! 

The 5th annual Big A (the name of the ski area on Mt Agementicus that closed in 1974) 50K trail race is coming up soon on Saturday May 2nd.  We will be running the same successful course used the past two years consisting of three 10+ mile loops that start and finish at the summit.  There are opportunities to cross the finish line at approximately 10 or 13 miles, or any multiple of them up to 31 miles/50K.  The race will start at 7:30.  A course map, turn sheet, and other event info can be found at:

http://www.biga50k.com/

We will be having a cookout after you finish your run.  Bring a chair to relax, socialize and enjoy the spectacular panoramic views from the summit.

To enter, visit the Register tab on the BigA50K.com website.  Then send a $15 donation check (or more if you feel inclined) made out to: MOUNT AGAMENTICUS CONSERVATIONYour check amount is fully tax deductible and goes directly towards land conservation and trail maintenance efforts in the Mount Agamenticus Conservation District.  There are no other participation costs other than bringing an item for the aid table and something for the cookout (we are donating the main items for the grill). 

Send your confirmation check ASAP if you intend to participate.  The number of entries will be limited.   The check (made out to: MOUNT AGAMENTICUS CONSERVATION) with your E-mail address should be mailed to:

Rich Collins

6 Old Mountain Road

Cape Neddick, ME  03902

Also, we are also looking for volunteers on race day to help with setting things up, maintaining the aid stations, grilling, keeping runner times, and taking photos.  Let us know if you can help!

It's going to be a great time with new and old friends enjoying the beauty and challenge of the trails in the Mt. Agamenticus area. Hope you can make it!

Rich Collins & Bob Najar

YorkTrailrunner@gmail.com

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Because my dumbassery knows no bounds, I'm in for the Pineland 50 miler.

There are other ways to get on Facebook.  Good luck!

GregM

The Ultra King is back!

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

The Ultra King is back!

Not today. Dnfed at 29 miles.  Tweaked my hip. Onward.