Circle North

Philadelphia Marathon (Read 446 times)

GregM

Where is Dick?  Is he okay?  I haven't got an email or text notification that he's finished.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Wow.  What a day.  Great job to all and a huge accomplishment for Eric with the first time out (or any time out for that matter).  I have to say that I was worried with the high expectations for the guy but he is an absolute beast..  Well done and kudos all. 

Thanks to Greg for keeping us all informed through out the morning.  

Jim in Wells

Great races one and all ... lots of PR's, BQ's and all outstanding achievements!  Congratulations!

Where is Dick?  Is he okay?  I haven't got an email or text notification that he's finished.

Anybody know the answer to this yet? The race site is useless for results.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

Dick finished something over 4:00 but didnt want to talk about it. Hes ok.

GregM

This came in an hour late. Guess the system got overloaded as the masses started finishing at the same time.

Dick Lheureux at the Finish in 4:03:49.

Pace 9:18 min/Mile.
              Time of Arrival: 11:16:57.

(Not bad finishing with people half your age when you're 60 and haven't trained with any intensity.)

Good job, Dick!  You had us worried.  (Actually, the system did, not you.)

GregM

I didn't have a watch but i thought i had the bq until i saw the clock.

That's gotta be disappointing, particularly when having a watch would have made all the difference.  Dammit.  Bad battery?  Malfunction?  Misplaced? 

L Train

Oh good.  I'm 3:25:09 now.

L Train

I went to charge the Garmin after my Saturday run and it beeped all over the place.  I soft reset it (which I often have to) and it has never come on again since.

I went to charge the Garmin after my Saturday run and it beeped all over the place.  I soft reset it (which I often have to) and it has never come on again since.

i'm hoping that i just resolved my garmin issues by installing 157 software updates that i have neglected to do since i got the damn thing. this is not an easy task on my piece of shit comp. going to go test the bitch now...but it has held a charge for an hour so i'm hopeful.

so...maybe our garmins have the same awesomness-bag of shit relationship we do. 

and really? 9 seconds now? i just got a great prize idea. Wink

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

GregM

Again, very disappointing and terrible luck.  Let me know if you want to join me in Phoenix to BQ.

Just want to give a special shout out to those people in Philly this weekend: Vangie for supplying us with muffins and what Jim labeled as the "best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had in my life". And for sitting in the dreaded, cramped back seat the ENTIRE time wihout complaint.  Dick for all of his hard work and connections to make this trip affordable and possible.  Jimbo for his incredible quick witted humor that had us all rolling the entire trip. (my stomach still hurts).  And for putting up with my late night football watching in the room. (ONLY 4 minutes to go Jim).  Peter for being a human encyclopedia providing immediate answers to essential information ranging from directions to the exact dates, time requirements and number of entrants for past and upcoming races.  Thanks also to Michelle who happened to be in the right place at the right time when I needed her the most at the finish line. Thanks for not allowing me to quit even when the race was over.  Thank you Lance and Diane for allowing us to invade your hotel room and providing refreshing beer after a hard fought race. Your generosity shines through once again. Lance you also provided me great advice all the way.  Finally, thanks Dad for passing down this legacy of running to me and for finding a way to run my first marathon with me.  It truly could not have turned out any better.

MacJim

Just want to give a special shout out to those people in Philly this weekend: Vangie for supplying us with muffins and what Jim labeled as the "best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had in my life". And for sitting in the dreaded, cramped back seat the ENTIRE time wihout complaint.  Dick for all of his hard work and connections to make this trip affordable and possible.  Jimbo for his incredible quick witted humor that had us all rolling the entire trip. (my stomach still hurts).  And for putting up with my late night football watching in the room. (ONLY 4 minutes to go Jim).  Peter for being a human encyclopedia providing immediate answers to essential information ranging from directions to the exact dates, time requirements and number of entrants for past and upcoming races.  Thanks also to Michelle who happened to be in the right place at the right time when I needed her the most at the finish line. Thanks for not allowing me to quit even when the race was over.  Thank you Lance and Diane for allowing us to invade your hotel room and providing refreshing beer after a hard fought race. Your generosity shines through once again. Lance you also provided me great advice all the way.  Finally, thanks Dad for passing down this legacy of running to me and for finding a way to run my first marathon with me.  It truly could not have turned out any better.

I agree with it all. I'm not sure if my legs hurt from running the marathon or from sitting in the back of the mini van. I think from now on all Black Corral "people" need to go to the back of the bus. I can only say "thank god it's "not" fridays".  That's it for now, I don't have any more comments or questions to AX you. Thanks to all for making our running crew special. Jimbo

Check out this crew via Twitter feed:   We just traveled 8 hours so we are all a bit tired.   

Where's Dick?

Philly Marathon @Philly_Marathon

Phila marathon expo is open! Runners can come get your bibs & runners packets until 9pm today and 10-7 Sat. pic.twitter.com/AKPwHjT3

View photo Hide photo