Circle North

Heart Rate Monitor (Read 109 times)

GregM

I'm looking to use someone else's HR monitor during a group run to see if mine is malfunctioning.  I would prefer that it is rather than confirming that I have a problem with tachycardia.  Either way, I'd like to know.  Any takers?  (If you don't usually run with a HR monitor, that's fine, you don't have to use mine.  I'm simply looking to use someone else's to see how it reads my HR.)

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

I believe I still have mine that came with my 305. I've never used it, you're certainly welcome to borrow it.

MTA: Just checked, yes it is still in the box. It does occur to me that it's 2 years old and as I say, I've never used it, so I have no idea if the battery is any good. I'll bring it Tuesday night in any case.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

GregM

I have a spare battery and could take the one out of mine in any event.  Is your HR monitor paired with your Garmin? 

Anyone know how to un-pair a HR monitor from one Garmin and pair it to another?

12/1/2011:  I have the owner's manual in PDF which explains that pairing occurs automatically.  I simply turned my Garmin on while wearing Cremer's HR monitor , and I made sure that my HR monitor was not within range.  When my Garmin did not find my HR monitor, it looked for any other in range, and it found Greg's.  Now that it is paired with his, it should stay that way unless his is not within range, in which case it will look for mine or any other HR monitor that is within range.  If you don't want it to look, go to Main Menu>Settings>General>Accessories, select HR monitor, and change the setting. 

If anyone would like me to email a copy of the Garmin Forerunner 205/305 owner's manual in PDF, just let me know.

No worries, mine is not paired.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

GregM

Used this today, Greg, and it worked like a charm.  I'll be interested to see if it's consistent, including when I'm racing on Sunday.