Circle North

Garmin Connect & Running Ahead (Read 15 times)

GregM

I recently got a Forerunner 310XT which connects to my computer with the Garmin "ANT agent" (wireless).  Problem is, my device is not always recognized, and I think this is because my data is automatically uploaded to Garmin Connect.  (I had to download the "ANT agent" software from Garmin Connect, and that's how this got started.)

Any solutions?

Here is what I got from Garmin Connect help, which is not a satisfactory solution:

"If you transfer data to your computer, the Garmin ANT Agent will not detect the device again until it has new data (or the Garmin ANT Agent has pending data to send to the device).

"If you transfer data to one computer, you cannot transfer it to a second computer unless you add new data or "force send" data. The second computer will not detect the device until it has new data or detects the device has "force send" set.

"If you have problems transferring data, try the following:

• Verify that your USB ANT stick is connected properly. For optimal performance, use a USB port on the front of your computer and keep the area free of clutter.
    • Verify that there are no timers running or active training sessions on your Garmin device.
    • Create a new "dummy" training session on your device. Start the timer, stop it after a few seconds, and then save the data.
    • Force the device to send data."

Thanks for any recommendations or solutions.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

L Train

It's not a solution really, but my device is not always recognized either.  What I do when this happens is initiate a "force send".  Sometimes it takes longer than it should to get it sent, but once that happens, the syncing seems to be back again for the next run(s).