Circle North

Looking for Blister Advice (Read 132 times)

Hey all...

I got a sizable blister on the inside/side of my foot at the front of the arch.  I never really had this problem in the past but with the combo of warmer weather, more miles and a newer pair of shoes, i think the combo got me.

It is NOT broken yet so I am debating if I should spend a few days in the pool, run on it anyway (bandage and run on it, if it breaks it breaks), break it myself or what. 

It looks a bit angry, but I dont think it is infected, especially where the skin isnt broken. 

I picked some Body Glide for the future but its a bit late to prevent the one i got now.  Suggestions welcome.  Just dont want to make a little thing into a bigger thing.

Rob

What was I chasing again?

I get them fairly regularly, but they never seem to be much of a problem. If I'm going to run with one that looks like it might pop, I'll put some neosporin on it and cover it with a bandaid. Some say pop, some say don't pop, I dunno which is best. I pretty much leave them alone and they go away. Mine usually don't hurt. If they did I'd probably be more aggressive about treating them.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

GregM

If there is significant fluid, pop the blister, dry it, and cover it with a bandage while running.  Replace the bandage to keep the wound clean and dry.  Let it air out (and dry out) especially in the sun.  The bandage is only to keep it clean and dry and to prevent irritation when you can't air it out. 

If you catch the blister early before significant fluid develops, don't pop it.  Keep it covered with a bandage to prevent irritation.  The unbroken skin will keep it clean, and there is no need to dry it out until it pops.  If you bandage it adequately, thereby preventing irritation and friction, it might heal without developing further fluid and popping.

Good luck!

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

DO NOT POP IT - PERIOD. just had this....u pop that there and you WILL regret it.

opinion #542.

i have pics if u want them. Dead

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/