Circle North

5k, 10k or 1/2? (Read 75 times)

Home Away From Home

So next month here in portland is a 5K, 10K and 1/2 on the 19th.  I am thinking of running the 1/2, but the 5K is over a lot quicker and then I forget about it, the 10K- now that is suffering, 1/2- takes the longest but probably the most beneficial to test current status of physical ability.

What do you my viewing friends of thou snow covered home state think? Your opinions always matter, then I will do what ever I want anyway but thanks for at least tossing in your 1-1/2 cents.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Ideally, you run the 5k as a warmup, then you run a blistering half. You ignore the 10k, because 10k's suck.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Home Away From Home

Ideally, you run the 5k as a warmup, then you run a blistering half. You ignore the 10k, because 10k's suck.

An option but I think they all start at the same time or close to. Will have to research that, an easy 5K warm up is an option, wouldn't be able to PR and then run a good half.

After furhter research, 1/2 starts first then, 10K, then 5K so no optoin to do 5K as warm up.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.