Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

GregM

2010 Sugarloaf Marathon (5/16/10) results:

10 375 David Saltmarsh Springvale ME Men 45-49 3 2:57:11.1 26:23

83 246 Rick Reynolds North Berwick ME Men 60-64 1 3:31:44.5 1:00:56

126 365 Tom Gadbois Alfred ME Men 50-54 19 3:49:14.9 1:18:27 

Congratulations to Dave for finishing 3rd in his division (10th overall) only 4 weeks after problems at Boston. 

Special congratulations to Rick for winning his division with another PR, I think.  (He finished 3:35:39 at Boston.)

And how about Tom's inaugural marathon finish?  Nice work, Tom!

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

L Train

2010 Sugarloaf Marathon (5/16/10) results:

10 375 David Saltmarsh Springvale ME Men 45-49 3 2:57:11.1 26:23

83 246 Rick Reynolds North Berwick ME Men 60-64 1 3:31:44.5 1:00:56

126 365 Tom Gadbois Alfred ME Men 50-54 19 3:49:14.9 1:18:27 

Congratulations to Dave for finishing 3rd in his division (10th overall) only 4 weeks after problems at Boston. 

Special congratulations to Rick for winning his division with another PR, I think.  (He finished 3:35:39 at Boston.)

And how about Tom's inaugural marathon finish?  Nice work, Tom!

Great times for everybody, I guess Tom G. especially.  Looking forward to hearing from Salty, because I don't think that's the time he was hoping for.  And Rick went 3:28 I believe in Chicago, but agreed, still a great time.  Marathons are hard. 

My salty dogs

Put this in an email but:

Just didn't peak like I would have liked too.   Too many weeks since my last 20 miles-- 6, and 6 pounds too many since I was in race shape for Boston.

Otherwise the race when well-- good pacing through the first half.   Felt good-- just couldn't pick things up when I wanted to.

Really more like a 2:55 effort.  I stopped 3 times, once to go back and pickup my metronome that fell off, once to get my hidden stash of gels from the side of the road, and the last time at 20 miles to go back and get a different flavor gel.  If I had been on sub 2:50 pace I would have skipped each stop.

Also had no one near me for the whole race-- no one in sight the last 6 miles put push or pace off of.

All system were good-- HR and hip where non issues.

Peaking is important I think I had for Boston.  I will for NY.  I'm in good spirits and ready to shed some pounds, work on some speed come out of the summer stronger than last year.  

The progress of the whole group is motivating me-- I did feel like I let the group down a bit but "if it was easy, anyone could do it".  I'll attach the mountain in June better than I did Boston.

Next big goal--- get to 141lbs ASAP!

Congrats to all you Sugarloaf runners. Excellent work!

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

wow....I mean, WOW! awesome job - so inspiring - all of you!

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

GregM

4th Annual Kittery Fire Association 5K Run/Walk

Sunday May 23, 2010 9AM Kittery Fire Station

Place Name                Ag S City            St F F Str Time    Pace 
              ===== =================== == = =============== == === === ======= =====
              3 GREGORY MCCULLOUGH  47 M SANFORD         ME           19:04  6:08
              6 PAUL BOUCHARD       50 M PORTSMOUTH      NH           19:52  6:24
              11 LAURIE GAUDREAU     41 F YORK BEACH      ME           20:26  6:35 

Congratulations to Paul and Laurie, who won their divisions. 

I finished 2d in mine, despite my first-ever 3d overall finishe.

(Not a PR course, as it was somewhat hilly.  Still, we were all pleased.)

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

My salty dogs

4th Annual Kittery Fire Association 5K Run/Walk

Sunday May 23, 2010 9AM Kittery Fire Station

Place Name                Ag S City            St F F Str Time    Pace 
                ===== =================== == = =============== == === === ======= =====
                3 GREGORY MCCULLOUGH  47 M SANFORD         ME           19:04  6:08
                6 PAUL BOUCHARD       50 M PORTSMOUTH      NH           19:52  6:24
                11 LAURIE GAUDREAU     41 F YORK BEACH      ME           20:26  6:35 

Congratulations to Paul and Laurie, who won their divisions. 

I finished 2d in mine, despite my first-ever 3d overall finishe.

(Not a PR course, as it was somewhat hilly.  Still, we were all pleased.)

Awesome results! Great times going into Vermont.

thunder chicken 5k - congrat's jim!  anyone else?

9   3/49   M4049   18:13   5:52 Jim MacPhee            47 M    29 Sanford ME

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

"Beep, Beep!"

Awesome time Jimbo!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

My salty dogs

thunder chicken 5k - congrat's jim!  anyone else?

9   3/49   M4049   18:13   5:52 Jim MacPhee            47 M    29 Sanford ME

Nice job! You would have gotten me. Awesome at the 10 miler too!

My salty dogs

I can't wait to see the results from today.
                        gadman

Hi all, back in Pa. I stopped on the way this morning and  did a 5k in N.J. 22:05. I thought I won the age group but the last group was 50-99. Too many fast old timers.

L Train

Nice work Tom.

And heh.

L Train

Nice work Tom.

And heh.

The 77th Annual Around Cape Ann 25K Road Race

Gloucester, MA, September 6, 2010

85 Lance Hoenig         16/126  M4049 42 M Springvale ME            1:52:40  7:16

87 Gregory Cremer       18/126  M4049 44 M Sanford    ME            1:52:46  7:16

91 Robin Cucinotta       7/85   F3039 39 F North Berw ME WCRC       1:53:12  7:18

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.