Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

I'm thinking of doing the Great Bay Half in Newmarket, NH April 7th.  Rob, are you going again this year?  Anyone else want to go?

Not sure yet, I might as I have done it the last 2 years, great course...  will decide in March probably.

Regarding Mt Washington, is there another lottery I could try to win instead?  Powerball comes to mind.

What was I chasing again?

I entered Lottery this AM - td

+1

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

you must have had coffee this morning.

+1

As a matter of fact, I was literally drinking coffee when I saw the secret. I'm way ahead of the curve.

gadman

+1

I remember someone saying " I will never do Mt. Washington". Dumbass!!!

According to a FB post I just saw, Michelle ran a 3:31 today in Myrtle Beach, good for 2'nd AG award. Not surprisingly, she was smiling in the post-race pic.

"Beep, Beep!"

OK... it's done. Just signed up for my first triathalon - Pirate Tri on June 9th. Another dumbass!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Home Away From Home

You will love it. I did. Have a blast, enjoy it.

OK... it's done. Just signed up for my first triathalon - Pirate Tri on June 9th. Another dumbass!

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Good for you TD.  Should be an awesome experience.  Be careful, it's a gateway race potentially leading to bigger tris like the IM.

L Train

Good for you TD. 

+1.  Fun!

GregM

According to a FB post I just saw, Michelle ran a 3:31 today in Myrtle Beach, good for 2'nd AG award. Not surprisingly, she was smiling in the post-race pic.

CONGRATULATIONS, MICHELLE:

Age Group Race Report as of 2/18/2013 10:19:26 PM for Females 45-49 in division Marathon

Place  Bib #  Name  10K Split  13.1 Mi Split  18.6 Mi Split  Gun Time  Chip Time  Pace  Age  Gender  City  State  Age Rank

1     784  KRIS HUFF  45:54  1:35:37  2:17:08  3:19:08   3:19:00   7:36  49  F  CORDOVA  TN    2 F-45 to 49

2    1533  TONYA STOTLER  50:42  1:42:02  2:22:59  3:24:41  3:24:20  7:48  46  F  LEESBURG  VA  3 F-45 to 49

3  1427  MICHELLE SHERMAN  49:39  1:41:15  2:23:58  3:31:22  3:30:57  8:03  47  F  SPRINGVALE  ME  4 F-45 to 49

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

GregM

Good luck, Dave.  This is a major undertaking.  No doubt, you will excel.  Stay healthy!

GregM

I'm thinking of doing the Great Bay Half in Newmarket, NH April 7th.  Rob, are you going again this year?  Anyone else want to go?

This is too close to Boston (April 15th) for me, Dave, Michelle, and anyone else doing it.  Good luck to you, Egad, and Rob and anyone else doing Great Bay.  Wish it had runner tracking so we could see the competition between you two.

So let's see. TD is doing Boston, Maine Coast, Pineland 50k, Pirate Tri, and hopefully Mt. Washington all in the span of about two months? Do I have that right? Am I forgetting any? Very ambitious, young man. I like it.

Home Away From Home

So let's see. TD is doing Boston, Maine Coast, Pineland 50k, Pirate Tri, and hopefully Mt. Washington all in the span of about two months? Do I have that right? Am I forgetting any? Very ambitious, young man. I like it.

Dave will just do what you all thought I was crazy to do, do a bunch of races in a short period of time.  In the end, we will prove that this whole can only run one big race every few months is for the birds. Run hard Dave, I believe in you.

When I sign up for my 2 or marathons in 2 or 3 days in a row I'll let you know, you seem like just the guy to join me after you finish the above.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.