Circle North

Yeungling Shamrock Marathon 20 (Read 17 times)

Here's the next big thing. I am eager to make up for my missed opportunity at Baystate and get another crack at the BQ. Fro told me about this one in virginia beach on March 22 and it looks like alot of fun. Flat, fast and cool. There's a full and a half with a total of 30,000 runners. It would be fun if we got a group like we did in Philly. The accommodations are selling out quickly so don't wait too long. We are staying at the host hotel, Wyndham. Plane tickets are about $260 right now round trip. So far we have:

egad:full

gwen: full or half

dean: half

Fro: full (maybe)

Doug: full (maybe)

Who is interested?

Did you see this little tidbit on the race site? You should totally do it...

The King Neptune Challenge

King Neptune Challenge participants will run the TowneBank Shamrock 8k on Saturday, March 21st, and then both the Anthem Half Marathon and the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon on Sunday, March 22nd.  All King Neptune Challengers will receive a total of six medals during the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon Weekend!

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Ya that's not going to happen. Those ultra things are for you crazies in the group. It's not too late to book your flight.

Did you see this little tidbit on the race site? You should totally do it...

The King Neptune Challenge

King Neptune Challenge participants will run the TowneBank Shamrock 8k on Saturday, March 21st, and then both the Anthem Half Marathon and the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon on Sunday, March 22nd.  All King Neptune Challengers will receive a total of six medals during the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon Weekend!

Yikes, you can't really loaf through the half either as you must make it into the transition area by 8:50.

What was I chasing again?

How's the taper treating you, Shamrock people? Ready?

Fro

joy, joy - tapering sux! But I'm ready for better or worse.

gadman

I am ready to go sooo slow, Egad screwed me by gettin  me to train for this then he gets sick and now it looks like he'll be an obnoxious drunk on the sideline.

Good luck to all you drunken leprechauns.

+1.  Run smart, be safe, and give it hell

Good luck to all you drunken leprechauns.

"Beep, Beep!"

Live Tracking

http://www.shamrockmarathon.com/race-info/runner-tracking/

Eric 493

Gwen 1460

Mike 517

Tom 1043

Dean 1967

Runner Tracking

<article>

Want to share your progress with friends and family on race day? You can get live updates sent out via text message, Twitter or Facebook as you are running the course.
                      Alerts will be sent for the following splits:
                      Final Mile: Finish Line only
                      8K: Mile 2 and Finish Line
                      Half: 10k and Finish Line
                      Marathon: 10k, Mile 13.1, Mile 19.3, Finish Line

</article>

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Good luck everybody. Egad, you should provide us real-time drunken updates if you're not running.

Be the ball.

L Train

Be your future.

In order to conquer an animal, you have to think like an animal, and whenever possible, look like one.

Fro

and smell like one...