Circle North

Group runs (Read 975 times)

L Train

Sunday 9:15 from Dick's house for anyone interested. From what I heard 8-10 is the plan and then we'll have an Easter egg hunt in Dick and Wendy's front yard.

Home Away From Home

Wish I couldmake it but it would be alot more then a 8-10 run for me to get there. Have fun hunting eggs.Smile

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

"Beep, Beep!"

Anyone want to run Friday, 4/10 at 4:30 or 5:00? 6-8 miles from the YMCA. I know Michael can't make it!!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

GregM

I would, Dave, but I will be on my way to Logan airport. Good luck! And good luck to the other Dave and Rick at Boston!

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Thanks to all for the long runs this winter . I can feel the endurance payoff. Just completed my first 60 mile week since 2003 I think? Hope to have more 2hr runs thoughout the year on non racing weekends. Life's a beach Cheers JW Cool

"Beep, Beep!"

John... amazing 60!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

"Beep, Beep!"

Sunday 13 Miler. Becky and I are doing a 13 mile loop from my house around 1:00-1:30 on Sunday, April19th. She is coming back from Boston and should be here by 1:00 ish. E-mail or call if you'd like to join in. The more the merrier. Dave

GregM

For those of you not racing this weekend, I'm planning to run 10 or more from the Y this Sunday morning, around 8am. For the rest of you, good luck with the race! -Greg

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

L Train

Greg - I have my foot in ice right now, hoping to run tomorrow. I'll post by 7:30 tomorrow AM if I am NOT going to join you.

"Beep, Beep!"

I'll be there

L Train

I plan to do my long(ish) run on Saturday this week around 8:00. If anyone wants to run 10 or so let me know.

Running Rick

I'm in for Saturday at 8:00. I'm looking for 12 so I could add on. How is your Achilles tendon?
                          L Train

How is your Achilles tendon?
                            It seems to be improving - I just have to sort of be conscious of it and remember to stretch, ice, etc. Unless someone else says something different I'll plan on meeting at the Y at 8. I'm totally open though if people are bored with that and want something different.

Hey L-Train I did the achillies thing in 1998 into 1999 for a full year, it would improve, then would have a setback because of impatience and stubborness, I found out a achillies tendon is even more stubborn than I. I finally got got it healed with this combination I rode a bike like a mad man out of frustration ,only ran a couple times a week very slow and avoided hills at all costs even if I had to walk the uphills. Used a Firm 1/4 inch heel lift in the affected leg only to take the pressure off when running and walking ,I found this to be helpful and the lift is small enough that it does not affect the gait enough to cause other problems. When stretching i found it was very important to keep the knee straight when stretching to so you are stretching the upper calf and not the tendon which is trying to heal, if you bend your knee when stretching you can be retearing the tissue that has just healed and most of all if you feel pain when stretching the tendon don't do it, wait, the reason it is painful is that it was overextended to begin with. You probably know most of this already , just looking to help, I have felt your pain, remember to look at your big picture, Chicago. May does not matter but August and September do. Good luck Dr. Webber Smile
                              L Train

Thanks mancub - What you aare saying makes sense, and I'm trying to do a lot of that. I'm going to try not to decrease the running, but just make sure the miles are easy until I have no pain, and try to stay off the hills. The steel lift is interesting. What I've done right now is just cut the heels off of the insert I got with my shoes and put that under my green Superfeet. It raises the heel, but I wouldn't call it firm. I also have been taping the achilles before I run which seems to really help keep the pressure off of it. The stretching of the upper calf makes sense too, I'm actually trying to stretch my hamstrings and hips too, since I've read that achilles pain is often just a symptom of the real problem which can be higher up. Anyway, it doesn't seem to be getting worse, and until Friday actually seemed to be getting better every day. Keeping my fingers crossed - thanks for the advice.