Diabetic Runners

Global Heroes (Read 158 times)

Hello,

I thought this was pretty cool.  If you run with a pump, and have an interest in a marathon, you should apply to be a Global Hero.   The application is due March 31, 2010. 

http://www.medtronic.com/2010globalheroes/index.html

I have run the Twin Cities Marathon and thought it was great.  It's probably my favorite of the 5 I've done. 

Kenny

The voice of mile 18

link isn't working is it for t1's or t2's?

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Sorry, I tried a couple ways to get the link to work with no success.  For more detail, go to the www.medtronic.com site and search global heroes 2010.  It will get you to the guidelines.  Here's the overview...

Running long distances was never meant to be easy. It becomes even harder when the body becomes a barrier. For runners diagnosed with medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, spinal disorders, chronic pain or neurological disorders, that is the reality. Yet the passion for running remains.

A cooperative effort between Twin Cities in Motion and the Medtronic Foundation, Global Heroes® is a first-of-its-kind program that brings runners from around the world who benefit from medical technology to Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota to run in Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon events. 

In 2010, up to twenty-five Global Heroes will be selected and each recipient will be awarded two entries to the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon or Medtronic TC 10 Mile race, a travel package that includes airfare for the Global Hero and a guest, recognition throughout the race, and a $1,000 grant to an associated patient organization. Learn about the Global Heroes award and guidelines. Then take a moment to apply or nominate someone you know to become a Global Hero and an inspiration to others.