Diabetic Runners

BG Meters- What model do you use and why do you like it? (Read 109 times)

I use the 'Feedom Freestyle Mini;' called Freestyle Flash in USA It claims to be the worlds smallest meter It only rquires 0.3 microlitres blood sample (very small Backlight for display and light for test area Can use in many other areas of the body Memory holds 250 readings and a running 14 day average I really bought it for the small sample size required as I had difficulty getting enough blood for my old Accucheck model The size , backlight and light for test area are nice features too. It's records are downloadable but I have to buy a cord. The only thing I wish entries could be made indicating b4 meal and after meals. I think the One Step extra has that feature.
    WHO FARTLEK"D ?
      I use and Accu-Check. I use it because that is what the CDE gave me. I had one little problem once. It kept shutting off. A call to Customer Service and I was up and running in minutes.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

I use Bayer's old Ascensia because that is what my insurance covered at the time. It uses about a quart and a half of blood and takes a day or two for the results. Other than that, it's a great meter!

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)