Diabetic Runners

Echo (Read 151 times)

Where did eveyone go? Somebody somewhere must have something to say about running and diabetes

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

The voice of mile 18

wish I could I'm barely running now that winter has finally shown up.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

I love running and I hate diabetes - how's that? I'm just frustrated that my bloodsugars have been bouncing between really low and really high the past couple days. I think it's because I've gotten my long Saturday run back up where it needs to be, which causes low bloodsugar, then I eat too much and have high bloodsugar, then I take how much insulin I need to bring it down but because of the run it brings it down too far, etc. etc.
          Well I have found that I have no particular running related problems due to the diabetes. My age may be a different matter. The pace bunny on the 1000 mile club is driving me nuts, and to think of it, Stacie you are right there too. Looks like we both catch him, pass him, and stay ahead of him this week. Never look back.
          Age is not an illusion
            The weather here is keeping me behind on the Pace Bunny. At least 2 souls in our local HM training group ran yesterday. Wind 20 mph. Temp 12F Windchill MINUS 3. That is nuts! Bet though that if my wife had agreed to dropp me off 3 miles upwind, I would have thought about it. OR had I the correct winter running gear! My numbers are good even through the holidays. My weight is steady which bothers me. I need to drop off another 45# or so.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Yeah, the bunny is driving me crazy too. I was ahead of him on Saturday!

The voice of mile 18

you guys are seeing bunnies? seriously cut back on the drinking. 1000 miles/ 365 days = 2.739 miles a day! jeez that's a might endeavour good luck kids

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy