Diabetic Runners

damn you easter bunny (Read 218 times)

The voice of mile 18

usual holiday sugary treat rant - but this time I was pretty good except the sugar free jelly beans have a lot more carbs than I expected a sugar free snack to be.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Is this not why we run?

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

usual holiday sugary treat rant - but this time I was pretty good except the sugar free jelly beans have a lot more carbs than I expected a sugar free snack to be.
        And they can make your tummy and intestines VERY unhappy (first Halloween as a low-carber was NOT fun)! Damn you, maltitol and sorbitol! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

i'm a little leary of sugar alcohols - we've stopped using them, I'd rather just have "real" sugar in small amounts - I've even given up diet drinks - although that was more for the bone issue than the sugar issue. here's a link at about.com malitol

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Erythritol is great stuff! I have made low-carb baked goods and ice cream using a blend of erythritol, Splenda, and stevia. I have played with liquid sucralose and polydextrose to replace some of the bulk and maintain moisture, but the fiber in that stuff gives me almost the same effects as the maltitol and sorbitol sweetened stuff, so powdered Splenda was a better deal. I don't need to watch my carbs so carefully now, either. But speaking of low carb baking products, Carbquick is a nice substitute for Bisquick. The same company also makes a flour, Carbalose. I've done some experimenting with both and they can definitely help replace regular flour products. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay