Diabetic Runners

Quad Stretch? (Read 162 times)

Does anybody have a good stretch for the quads after a run. Because of previous knee problems I am reluctant to do the standard leaning on a wall with one arm and pulling back from the ankle of the opposite side. It seems to put a lot of pressure on my knee. It's kind of inconvenient to do a stretch on the ground. Any suggestions? Dave
    WHO FARTLEK"D ?
      Dave, not sure if this is what you want, Try lying on your side in the fetal position, grab the the foot of the upper leg and pull back on it. You can do this on a bed if you like. Joe
      Age is not an illusion
        Joe I do that one at home after a run if I remember. I am looking for a standing or upright method that I will remember to do along with my other stretches after my run. Maybe I should delay all my stretching until I get home but my routine is to make a post run meal and crash in front of the tv or computer.
        WHO FARTLEK"D ?
          Dave, Maybe you could try sitting with one cheek on a bench, retaining wall, or a rail of some sort, and pulling back on the foot of the outside leg.
          Age is not an illusion