Diabetic Runners

Must ... resist ... tootsie roll! (Read 160 times)

The voice of mile 18

damn you pagans and your halloween candy!! they just opened a bag of small tootsie rolls and fun size snickers in the coffee room. worst part is the small ones cause eating just one won't hurt then I start falling down the slippery slope. GRRRRRRR! happy halloween!!

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

So I am not the only one going through this? Thank God!!! I'll tell you what my doc told me. "You are a diabetic, not a monk, and I don't expect you to act like one."

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

I'm eating an apple at my desk right now, trying to avoid one of my favorites - candy corn! Our secretary put a jar of them on her desk this morning, for everyone to enjoy. I'll be honest, I'm eating the apple but I'm still thinking about candy corn.
          My first diabetic Easter someone loaded my desk wiith sugar fee everything!! God Bless them

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

The voice of mile 18

AHHHH! Candy Corn! love that stuff too. never thought I had a sweet tooth till I couldn't have them. I also went w/ the fruit salad today at lunch sweet but not at evil as a snickers bar. I must resist. the problem w/ me is I don't believe in moderation. it always starts as "I'll just have one" or "they are so small it won't matter" Smile

When one potatochip is a binge.........................You might be a diabetic

The voice of mile 18

how'd everyone do? I stayed pretty strong but did have a couple Reese's PB Cups which I canrationalize away w/ all the PB not being THAT bad and walking it off w/ the kids

I didn't do too bad either... a couple pieces of candy corn at work, a popcorn ball at church, 1 mini Twix, and 1/2 a caramel apple. The apple is OK though, because my bloodsugar was dropping and I had to eat something. Big grin
                    how'd everyone do? I stayed pretty strong but did have a couple Reese's PB Cups which I canrationalize away w/ all the PB not being THAT bad and walking it off w/ the kids
                    Had several of those cups!!! But then I ran last night too, so maybe it was not that bad

My problem is the office staff at work. One Friday each month they fill an office table with all sorts of cakes, cookies, pies and homemade chocolate goodies including (dare I say it) cheesecake with cherries on top to share with everyone! Now this is downright torture!!! Angry -- John

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

There was a candy basket at work yesterday and my buddy said he knew every time I went to it because he could the beep from me firing up my insulin pump. Smile

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

Mark_C

Mmmmmmm.... Chocolate. I avoided this by giving out Matchbox cars instead of candy this year... I work at home. No candy in the house! It's over now, everybody move along!