Diabetic Runners

Metformin and Marathon Nutrition (Read 354 times)

Kultcha

Hi - I'm a type 2 on Metformin.  I have a few half marathons under the belt with no issues and I am hoping to tackle a full marathon this year.

Any experiences on how Metformin could impact my game? For instance, did it make the "wall" hit earlier?

Naturally I will be asking my GP for advice, but there is nothing like hearing it from people who actually run.

Cheers in advance ...

I can't help with any knowledge of metaformin or type 2 and running. I can say that the wall, when I've hit it, still happened around about the same point being type 1 and on non-diabetic marathons years before when it got me as well.

Kultcha

Cheers ... something to look forward to then ... nice use of the Gaeilge

I'm T2 and use Metformin as well.   When I was really running long and hard a couple of years back, I had to cut my dose in half as my numbers tended to be low.  What has been your experience?

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

laser best

Our bodies need enough vitamins and minerals like magnesium every day to stay healthy and fit. In Magnesium For Bodybuilding Explained, you will find a lot of useful information that will definitely help you in the future. This guide will help you gain a clear and complete understanding of the countless benefits of magnesium.