Diabetic Runners

Older, diabetic, and getting back into it (Read 138 times)

Staying motivated is tough.  I started this forum a couple of years back when running half marathon distances each week end with my son. When he graduated college and moved to DC I let things go and concentrated on walking.  Not to stay away forever, I'm getting back into it.  The motivator?  My doctor (who is not a runner) can see a remarkable improvement in my blood pressure (as essential to control as our sugar) and sugar levels.  When running my medications (type 1.5) can be cut in half.  Now back into a routine, running has becomes the motivator.   I am looking forward to a nice summer on the roads and trails.  

It is nice to see that the Diabetic Forum is still going and  many of you are sharing ideas.  Keep it up all.  Tight control of our sugar and blood pressure is essential and running helps more that you think.   John  

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

Ohhhhhhh...is this ever a tough come-back!   58, diabetic and four years not running are making this the toughest return to running ever.  Not the same as it was when I first started in my early 20's!  But you know, it IS starting to feel good.  Slow and easy.  Patience and Discipline!

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)