Diabetic Runners

One month old! (Read 170 times)

I just realized that yesterday this user group was one month old! There's been lots of good conversation and advice given. Keep it up and keep everyone posted as to how your running is going, especially when you get discouraged. As far as I am concerned, I just want this week end to pass so I can get my 13.1 goal out of the way on Saturday. (They're calling for rain this Saturday too.) I just want to go back to some casual fun running when I can leave the HRM and chronograph at home and just enjoy our beautiful (soon-to-be) fall scenery. John

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

Good luck this weekend, John! I'm sure you'll do fine and enjoy the long run Smile
        John, Thanks for starting the Group. I enjoy everyones company, and support. Sure is a far cry from the ADA site, here it is upbeat, and everyone is trying to improve thier lot, there it is all about worry, disease, sitting waiting for the next BS test, and a good dose of pity. Maybe you should call it Positive Diabetic Runners. My hat is off to everyone.
        Age is not an illusion
          John, Thanks for starting the Group. I enjoy everyones company, and support. Sure is a far cry from the ADA site, here it is upbeat, and everyone is trying to improve thier lot, there it is all about worry, disease, sitting waiting for the next BS test, and a good dose of pity. Maybe you should call it Positive Diabetic Runners. My hat is off to everyone.
          So true. Still I learned a lot there in the first months of my dx! But there was one thread that I loved to death You might be a diabetic............ ROFLMAO reading that one!! My wife never got that one and I pray she never does!!! To a diabetic it is funny as hell!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire