Diabetic Runners

Fear as a motivator (Read 205 times)

The voice of mile 18

F^&*ing Grey's Anatomy. not a huge fan of the show to begin with but last night had a T2 diabetic get a foot infection and loose the foot. freaked me out all night. ended up having to ride the bike at 12:30 to chill out. well at least I got motivation for the next couple days to keep running and cycling.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

(((hugs))) Joe - they made a point of saying that guy did not take care of himself - ignored the problem when it was treatable. No way is that you. Sorry it ruined your night.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

Face it, we ALL are taking care of our diabetes because we fear what will happen if we don't! I have used that fear to make my point when management gets on my back here at work. Management started giving me crap about not working OT but having the time to go home and run. Well as it happened we had a young lady not taking care of her diabetes and one older gent that ingored it too. She miscarried at the last minute and he is STILL (almost a year later) fighting to keep his foot. I asked management what was better. Me here every day healthy or me working the extra hours for now just to miss 6 months later, recovering from having a foot or leg chopped off?

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire