Diabetic Runners

It's awful quiet in here.... (Read 212 times)

..not even a Friday Quiz! Must be everyone is frozen Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

Well until today my computer was on life support. Our ice storm caused a power outage that lasted all of 7 seconds but my computer would not boot up after that. I got very lucky!!!!!! No damage done. The shop just reset th bios on the motherboard and things booted up. However my old Lexmark printer wont work now

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Wow - that's awful - better the printer than the motherboard, tho!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

The voice of mile 18

well I'm dealing w/ foot issues- apparently my feet don't like the snow like I do and are dry and cracked something fierce and apparently a long run in the snow has either bruised my foot or caused the return of a stress fracture in my right foot. gonna have to go see a doc this week to be sure but I'm think my early season is now toast. Cry

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

WOW! Sure hope it is something simple and fast to heal. Calling for the mid to high 60s here by the weekend. And T-storms of all things. I'll run in the rain sans T-storms

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Joe - so sorry to hear about your foot. Hope it's not as bad as you think.

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

I started a 16-week program 6 weeks ago (yay! Only 10 more to go!) to change careers and become a teacher. It's called Career Switcher and it's through the Virginia Community Colleges, for people who already have a degree and work experience. It's had an impact on my running, but I'm trying really hard to keep my mileage up above 20/ week because I'm running the Flying Pig 1/2 marathon in Cincinnati on May 6, which is the week after I finish Career Switchers. I guess I like to be busy, huh? I ran 11.8 miles on Saturday, which is more than I've run per week for the last couple weeks! But it felt great and was a nice change from working on my assignments. Plus I barely had to take any insulin Saturday & Sunday! ~Stacie
                  Congrats, Stacie!

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

The voice of mile 18

wahoo 3 xrays later and I'm cleared to start training for Broad St. Big grin life is good. no what i did but the pain is gone and doc can't find anything wrong w/ me except for dry chapped feet and high arches - got two perscriptions 1 for skin cream and 1 for shoe inserts

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Fantastic news, Joe!!!

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

wahoo 3 xrays later and I'm cleared to start training for Broad St. Big grin life is good. no what i did but the pain is gone and doc can't find anything wrong w/ me except for dry chapped feet and high arches - got two perscriptions 1 for skin cream and 1 for shoe inserts
                        Life IS good!!!