Diabetic Runners

Introduction (Read 226 times)

ClaudeY

Per request/requirement: my name is Claude, Type II, diagnosed 11 years ago; began running 2/08. Have completed two marathons, one 1/2, two 10Ks and a 5K. I run three days a week, two by time (:45-:90) and one by distance (19-26m). My next marathon is 2/15/09 in Jacksonville, FL. Since February my Hb1AC has dropped from 8.6 to 6.3 and I've lost 15#'s. The grace of God, good shoes, good socks, regular foot care and sensible training have kept me from injury. I appreciate the advice and experiences posted here. I do hope that this suffices as an introduction and I look forward to more exchanges of information in the future. Claude
      Welcome Claude! Wow....you're a running phenom! 2 marathons already and you only started running 2/08. That's impressive!!! Did you train for your previous marathons on 3 days a week running? Whatever you are doing it sounds like it's working for you both running wise, and for improving your A1C. Great job!
      Progress Trumps Pefection

The voice of mile 18

wow quite a resume for less than 1 year of running. welcome to the addiction.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy