Diabetic Runners

First Race: 5K (Read 161 times)

Started out too fast with a 10:17 pace for the first mile. Reached the second at the 22:38 mark so that was too slow The last mile and a tenth was the slowest at around 14 minutes Total time:36:52 which was 52 seconds over my goal

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Mark_C

...but YOU DID IT!! WooooHoooo!
        CONGRATULATIONS! You finished your first 5-K, so who cares about the time! Good for you!
          Gregg! What a fantastic accomplishment. You did it! When you do another, you will feel like an old pro. Too bad you weren't feeling the greatest. What would you have accomplished by staying home? John

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

If I'd stayed home, I'd stil be wondering what could have happened. And I AM looking for other 5k races in my area to run in. The wife wants me to take it slow and worry about the HM in May instead

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

The voice of mile 18

congrats on your first! great job especially considering how you were feeling last weekend. great job!

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

My offical time ws 36:57 Age Group Total: 7th of a field of 8 Age Group Male: 4th of a field of 4 Total Field: 185 Overall Finish: 172 Lots of room to improve!