Diabetic Runners

Dry cracked feet (Read 326 times)

The voice of mile 18

well actually just my right one Confused don't know why but it's always dry and cracked. any suggestions?

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Joe I don't have any experience with this but do you soak your feet? I read somewhere that soaking your feet is not recommended for diabetics. Something about the spread of infection. I am sure there must be some lotions out there that will help. You should probably being asking a doctor about this. http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/complications_feet/index.htm#4 Dave
      WHO FARTLEK"D ?
        I use Jergen's Ultra Healing lotion on my feet everyday (since we're supposed to check over our feet daily anyway, I might as well moisturize while I'm at it!) and if they really feel dry I use Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand creme on them. Aquaphor works pretty well too. FYI, if you have calouses on your fingertips from bloodsugar testing, the Neutrogena Hand Creme softens them up enough to prick & actually get blood out!
        Mark_C

I use "DiabetiDerm". Hey, it smells good too! I have very cracked heals that are really painful at times. I used this stuff once per day for over a year now, and the cracks lessened significantly.
            I got the same problem, especially in the summer. I use Cetaphil cream in the morning and evening. Ted
            "It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll" - AC/DC
              I'm a Gold Bond man myself. I have severe problems in fall and winter with dry cracked hands. The feet are okay. I think I read somewhere that even this can be aggravated by diabetes. Either diabetes gets dumped on for everything or it really does impact nearly every facet of our lives. John

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

smc3720

I'm new to this forum, and a type 2 diabetic. My wife is a type 1 since she was five. So it always something we are aware of. A couple of years ago, I was having some major problems with cracked feet. I was even given some cream and had to wrap my feet with plastic at night to keep the cream on. The thing that finally help. I started to change my socks at least twice or three times a day. Since I have started to do that, I have had very little trouble.

The voice of mile 18

just an update after last visit got a script for naftin active ingrediant naftifine hydrochloride 1% and feet as smooth as a baby's bottom

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy