Diabetic Runners

Festivus Friday (Read 110 times)

The voice of mile 18

now is the time for airing of the grievances 1) anything bugging ya this holiday season? nuthing except I hate buying gifts and crowds at the mall/traffic on the road 2) any plans for the holiday season? nope just seeing lots of family and friends and watch the eagles choke on christmas day 3) what's the "big" workout planned for the holidays? a long trainer ride sunday AM and a long run to local park - my first real run since november happy holidays folks

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Happy Holidays to you, too Joe! 1.) Amen to the crowds - they drive me nuts... I avoided it completely until this week when I had to race around for a last-minute substitute gift for my daughter... Holy crap, it almost drove me insane. 2.) Travel, family, Eagles - that'll about cover it... I find myself staring at a 10 day straight vacation, though.. been a while since I had one that long! 3.) Good question on workouts - I'm actually getting a trainer for Xmas, so I'll spend some time on that.... and my wife got an elliptical, so I'll spend some time on that... and some time on the roads, too... but I'm not racing again 'til Feb. 25 and I've trained kind of hard the past two weeks (for me) so I might actually go kind of light for the next week or so. (Until my kids drive me nuts and I flee from the house.) Oh yeah - I got my son a Wii - according to what I've read, that *might* count as exercise.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

My biggest beef this holiday are the three containers of Christmas cookies sitting on the kitchen shelf. Damn cookie exchange at my wife's place of employment. Angry I guess it is a good test for me. I have been pretty good so far. A year ago I deliberately scheduled one of my regular A1C tests for the middle of January just as an incentive to be a good boy. John

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)