Diabetic Runners

A better week (Read 162 times)

I ws just looking over my log and noticed that I was 4:22 faster this week than last for the same mileage. Not bad for a old worn out newbie

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Lookin' good. You will naturally run faster as you become more fit. So don't push it too much! I don't want to hear about any injuries. Hey, I'm impressed with your frequency of runs and how you've doubled your weekly mileage in the past month. Progress is a great motivator.

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

Gregg Ditto! Keep up the good work. I assume your knee is not an issue now. Dave
        WHO FARTLEK"D ?
          Correct! My knee has more to do with the weather than running. And I used to laugh at the old folks for saying their knees told them it was going to rain! Live and learn. I am paying attention to my hamstring in my right leg though. I don't want to injure it again. And I strech all the time now to keep limber and hat helps too. I was shocked at the amount of time in that improvement. 4+ minutes in a week? Don't let it go to my head!!!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Starflight, Yes I noticed that your pace has improved. A direct result of staying with it. Glad to hear that the stretching is helping. Joe
            Age is not an illusion