Diabetic Runners

Holidays, food and staying the course! (Read 112 times)

The holidays are approaching and they seem like one continuous glucose gluttony from Thanksgiving to New Years! So how are you going to deal with it? Maybe we can use this thread to encourage each other. Wink In preparation for the season I am increasing my overall exercising (fast walking and casual (non-training) running outdoors and treadmill indoors) following two months of letting things slip a bit. I have also worked it out so that one of my regular HbA1C tests is done the first week in January. Knowing my doctor will see how I did during the holidays helps keep me disciplined. Any other ideas or suggestions or motivators to keeping the faith? John

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

The voice of mile 18

man I got nuthin. holidays are brutual especially thanksgiving we two dinners at both in-laws at least I do a gobble wobble 5k the morning of and bowling afterwards. it's the dang pumpkin pie!

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

It never ceases to amaze me. At hollidays, birthdays, and other special events. I let caution go to the wind. I know that I am way off the diet so I test the BS and it is allways low. Why? I do not know, but if I try to eat like that the next day, you know, finnish the left overs, that is when I pay for it.
        Age is not an illusion