Diabetic Runners

Friday Quiz (Read 152 times)

The voice of mile 18

1) Highest Blood Sugar you recorded-405 last week driving home wed before thanksgiving I ate a bag of broken buffalo wing pretzels knew it wasn't good but didn't expect it to be so high 2) lowest blood sugar you recorded-37 4 hrs after the highest Shocked 3)what's your middle name? Raymond 4) to keep it running related your running shoe? mizuno alchemy but really like saucony

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

1) I was diagnosed at 934 in 1984... as far as since I've been in charge of things... Hmmm... I remember being on a business trip a few years ago.... eating a big meal out of town (which raises blood sugar) and then getting a bad case of strep throat (which really does a doozy)... I think I was 460 or so before I realized it wasn't jet lag I was going through. 2.) Lows.... Upper 30's sounds about right... I don't think I've been below 38... (well, there was an ambulance ride 20 years ago, but I wasn't in any shape to test myself) 3.) Edward 4.) I'm in New Balances right now but also tend to prefer Saucony... But I'm really hard on running shoes (go through the outsoles on the heel in under 200 miles) so I tend to buy from a great sneaker outlet close to my house... plenty of last year's best shoes for $50, but you have to be willing to throw brand loyalty out the window in exchange for a good deal.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

The voice of mile 18

I try to buy from speciality shoes stores but the prices! Shocked I usually end up buying at DSW shoes but I did get a great deal on mizuno's at philly distance run race expo

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

1. Highest reading 241 but I was on meds for my back and Doc said that would make my BG wonky 2. Lowest 69, although I think it has been lower because a few times I have really had problems with knowing what was going on 3. Lenny for my dad's eldest brother 4. Nike Air 'N Sight which is my first running shoe. So far so good

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

1) I have no idea what my highest bloodsugar was because the meter just said "high" 2) The lowest that I remember checking myself was 27. I got really out of it a couple times when I was in high school and my mom had to give me the glucagon shot and I don't know if she even checked it then. FYI, the glucagon shot has a side effect - I was so nauseous I thought I had the flu 3) Lynn, the same as one of my mom's sisters (the one that was there when I was born) 4) I'd been wearing Mizuno Wave Riders for a couple years, but got a pair a month or two ago that made my feet hurt so bad I couldn't stand up. Now I've got Asics Cumulus and they're great!