Ex-smokers support

I am back. (Read 425 times)

tech geek

Hey guys! Good to see you around! And good to see you all doing well... And yay for new members. A few notes on my where abouts 1. I am writing a senior thesis. it takes time and energy away from catching up with you guys. But is going well. 2. I stopped running and started biking instead. Which was good when it was warm and bad in the midwest cold. 3. I started running again and am not smoking. I started the couch25k again and actually just finished week 5 today. it is an amazing feeling. I finally signed up for a 5k to run in April at the Illinois Marathon. It took a year but I am really excited. So that is the brief catch up. On an administrative note. Jenni, Andy, and Sully are all promoted to group admins. Hope all is well

Gotta TRI

Hey Drayz, It's great to hear from you again. Sounds like you've been busy. Biking and running....when are you going to add swimming? Big grin Great job on C25K and definite kudos on not smoking. Please stay in touch. We miss you. Any
      2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

My legs are killing me

Hi Dray! Good to see you back and it's great your not smoking. Good luck on the 5k! Hmmmm. A promotion! I hope it doesn't go to my head.

tech geek

awwww thanks guys. andy: i know right? i am thinking of picking up swimming as well actually. i have an Olympic size pool at my gym so I have been thinking about trying it out.

Gotta TRI

There you go girl, you could be a triple threat! Big grin

tech geek

Ha Ha Ha. We will see about that. Just finished week 6 of c25k today. Feeling pretty good about my running progress. It is so addicting. It is in the 50s here today so I have been biking everywhere. I am trying to put myself into decent biking shape before it gets warm. So I spend a decent amount of time at the gym these days on the bike. Cry

Gotta TRI

You're doing great. Running and biking. I wish I could say the same. I'm in a bit of a slump right now excersise wise. It's been so cold and windy lately, it just saps my motivation. I SHOULD be upstairs on my bike trainer right now but....It looks like a bit of a warm spell is headed our way mid-week so I hope to get back out there. Just keep truckin with what you're doing.. it beats the altenative right?

tech geek

andy: i know how you feel. i hope you got to enjoy the warm spell because it is cold here again. but i have been spending more time biking outside of late. i spent about 6 hours this weekend converting one of my bikes to a road bike. i have a ultra light weight lugged trek multi-track frame from the early 90s with upgraded road tires and rims. This weekend i threw on some drop bars, new brake levers, and some simple lever shifters for now. i have had it out today for commuting and it rides great except for it being 35 outside. i will finish week 7 tomorrow. really teh exercise is helping me to not go winter crazy. anyone have any other suggestions for cabin fever?

Gotta TRI

Cabin fever suggestions: Posting to the RA gang Big grin Online shopping for running / tri gear, booking races, mapping out warmer climates. P90X Bike trainer Dead Re arrange the furniture Watch re-runs of Heroes on Hulu. 2008 taxes Confused Ummmm........ Roll eyes

tech geek

Let's see for cabin fever I am: Biking in the cold and rain. Shopping for bike parts and running gear on amazon. bought fenders today. reading random internet blogs and commenting on RA baking fresh bread

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

oooh a promotion I feel so proud thanks! I haven't been around much, I've been really busy with work and school and stuff so I haven't really been running, but with the time change and it staying lighter longer now I can still catch a quick run after work so I forced myself out the door last night, I was so tired, didn't want to go but within a half a mile I felt great! Big grin Glad to see everyone doing so well! My updates: I graduate school in May and will be starting my internship soon and we're trying to expand our family to include more humans and not more fur-babies!
                        -Jen
                        2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!