Ex-smokers support

The holidays (Read 318 times)

tech geek

its the holidays which leads to time with our family and friends that may be smokers. And it can lead to stress. I know we can all do it. I am on day 42 of no smoking. YAY!!!!

My legs are killing me

Hey Dray, I made it over here. This is a great website. Never heard of it before. It seems like they have a really good training log. Hope the not smoking is going well! Hang tough through the holidays.

Gotta TRI

Hey Drayz and Sully!!! Count me in over here!! Left my last post on CR just a minute ago. It took forever to do, had to log in like three times, drove me crazy!!!. I've been playing over here for a couple of days checking things out and would have mentioned it sooner or later. Good call to move!!! In case you don't go back to CR my last post was in regards to going to my in-laws tomorrow for the holidays. They both wicked chain smoke so there is always a cloud of smoke hanging from the ceiling to about neck level, and it reaks!!! So, wish me luck, I'll be back Sunday. Thanks for starting the post over here. I hope everyone else comes over too. Andy
        2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

tech geek

Hi Guys!!!! I am glad you found your way over. I hope others come too, and we get some new people. I think this is a great way to do our weekly threads. Andy: Good luck at your in-laws. I know how that can be. Neither of my siblings will be at my dads this year and they both smoke. So for that I am glad. They support me, but they are used to old smoker des. Keep us up to date. *crosses fingers that everyone does well this holiday, and that more find us on our group*
            What a cool way to support other runners! I'm not a former smoker - just wanted to pop in and say COOOOOOOL! Cool Okay - I'll pop right out now. Bye.
            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
              Hey everyone! I'm not sure if I meet the entrance requirements Big grin Because I still love to smoke - I just don't do it anymore. I quit smoking in January of this year and started running again to lose the weight I gained after quitting smoking. I had about a two month smoking relapse at the end of summer. I'm now at 2 months smoke free and counting. I totally relate on the holidays making it tough - when we get together with some of the family who still smoke - it only takes a couple beers and I am wanting to smoke again. Thanks for starting this group - hopefully I will get some extra motivation and accountability to make it through this holiday season smoke-free!!!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

tech geek

Congrats on the two months. And all the changes you have made over the last year. We are here for those tough times and we are pretty good with the support. Without the awesome people that were on coolrunning's ex smoker support, I would not have made it this far. Today, I got to go pick up my ex's daughter for the weekend. And I got to do it smoke free. I feel like a much better role model and no more sneaking around. It was one of the first times, I wholeheartedly understood why I chose to quit. so keep up the good work everyone. and I hope to see lots of new member.

Big Chicken!

Thanks for starting this Dray! Nice to see you here Andy! I remember your last holiday with the in-laws. You survivied then, you can do it again. Just be sure to use lots of soap to get the smoke smell off! I just loooove when yu can see the haze of smoke in the house. Wink Sully, glad to see you made your way here. How's the quit going? And a big welcome to Bonkin. We're here to help! I am ready for a smoke NOW! And with the slip-up last week that is not good. DH's flight was delayed so he'll be late getting in AGAIN! Everytime he heads out there's an issue getting home. His commanders don't realize that they get him for 5 days at a cost of 2-3 days to us each time (Sunday he leaves, Saturday late he gets home, sometimes not till Sunday) Angry. And this happens at least one week per month. This month was twice. The kids are getting antsy (something about being anxious for Christmas and the fact that is has been rainy and miserable here all week so no outside time) and driving me insane. I want a nice BIG glass of wine and a smoke. I'll at least get to have the wine. I know a smoke will make me feel crappy and give me a nasty headache. And the guilt I'll feel for letting down my fellow ex's...horrible! Have a great Christmas everyone! I'll be gone for a while. I will leave a final post before we leave for home. No clue exactly when we leave. Just hopefully before New Year's Eve.
                  Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!

tech geek

Good to see you here Kris. yay the gang is coming together again. and i am happy to see new people as well. Welcome to everyone. I hope everyone has a good holiday. I am going to start mine right tomorrow by doing about an 8 mile hike. Not smoking is the christmas gift i love the most this year and i am going to thank my body and mind with a nice look at nature.

tech geek

What a cool way to support other runners! I'm not a former smoker - just wanted to pop in and say COOOOOOOL! Cool Okay - I'll pop right out now. Bye.
                      Trailsrun... Thanks for stopping in. Everyones encouragement is welcome. Smile

Gotta TRI

Hey guys!! Big grin Back from the inlaws! It went well. Reak of smoke but no slip ups. Had great christmases with both my family one day and wife's the other day. Now wife and I can enjoy a nice quiet Christmas at home. Best part!! I got an I Pod!!! These things rock!!! Can't wait to run with it. Will probably run today as we've got 40 degree weather right now! Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday!! Merry Christmas!!! Andy

tech geek

andy: congrats on dealing with the in laws. enjoy the nice couple of quiet days at home.

Gotta TRI

MERRY CHRISTMAS EX's!!! How's everyones Holiday going? Everyone hanging in there? Just had to drop in for a minute of rejoiceing. Why? Because I just ran 8.8 miles!!!! We've had a bit of a warm spell (37 F), tha sun was out, I got a new Ipod for Christmas and loaded a bunch of songs and a Lance Armstrong intervals workout into it and WOW!!! That is a new PB for me!! I'm super psyched!!!! 4 mos. ago I couldn't run from home plate to first w/o being totally winded and now I"m running 8+ miles!!! Wow what a feeling!!! I'd like to thank all of you guys for the support you've given me along the way. Thanks for letting me raise the roof for a minute:-), Merry Christmas gang, hope all your Christmas wishes are coming true. Andy

tech geek

Andy: congrats. I was on the road for most of the day, so no running for me. But yesterday, I did get a good couple hour hike in.

Big Chicken!

Great job Andy! I hope to be like you one day! My marathon is a run/walk effort. I will train for a 15K after we get back so I hope to really run 8+ miles soon! Drayz~I have a question about your name. Sometimes I see it a Dray Z implode. Other times I see d-rayz implode. As in the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, who really suck. (From Tampa, wish they'd do better) I know, strange thing to wonder about. At least I don't dream about you at night! Big grin
                                Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!