Ex-smokers support

1/28-2/3 (Read 386 times)

My legs are killing me

Andy, that's cool. I would love to meet them. They live in MA so I'm hoping to get the chance this year. They are definately my heroes. I admire Dick as a father and an athlete and I still get teary eyed everytime I see their video.

Gotta TRI

KRIS: No way! That would be cool to maybe run at least a 5k while down there. Any links to register? We'll be staying at.... Man I forget the name. It's a Marriott resort/ time share. We own at Marriott Horizons, but we traded just to try this place and right now i can't remember the name Confused It's hell to get old Big grin Also trying to get our "home" resort for next years Disney Marathon. DW will love that it's flower and garden time at Epcot too! WE LOVE DISNEY!!! SULLY: If they are up again this year for Timberman I will try to get you a signed poster. Andy
      2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
        Hey everyone! So, as of Monday I officially became an aunt! My nephew, Jonas, was born monday morning. The first one! Very exciting time in our family. I brought donuts to work to celebrate instead of passing out cigars. Smile Obie, congrats on the six months! You're a rock star! I mentioned it in your other post, but seriously, good luck with the marathon, Andy! You'll have over a full year of non-smoking under your belt. Can you believe that?!? Sully, glad to hear the injury is getting better. Holo, 24 days is huge! You know, when I first quit someone told me "It takes 21 days to make or break a habit" and I just kept that thought in my head the first 3 weeks. If that's true, and why couldn't it be, then you've done it! You've broken the habit! GREAT JOB!! Kris, I'll have to remember that for my 25K in May. I usually chop my hair off whenever I get bored with it. Looks like I'll have to do that in May... LOL I should get to work. Glad to hear everyone's getting healthy, signing up for marathons, and keeping up with the quitting! Meg
        Meg http://megs411nosmoke.blogspot.com/

Big Chicken!

Megs~It's so nice of you to think I am doing a 25K but lets get real now! It's only 15K. I've decided to go over a HM once a year and that will be Disney. Big grin Are you joining us?? BTW, I just cut off my hair, funny you said that! I must have lost 3 pounds! It was about 6 inches of hair. I just couldn't go shorter for the Lock of Love donation. It was hard to do this, though I love it soooo much more now. I'll have to change my portfolio picture soon. Andy, the Minnie Weekend 5K info link is this: http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/endurance/events/detail?name=Endurance2008MinnieMarathonWeekend5KEventDetailPage I am sure there is a way to make that shorter and fancy with a cool link-y thing that comes only with a name, but I am clueless how to do that! Anyhoo, I am staying at the Beach Club (DVC member). It's a sisters' weekend for me, though I think one may be dropping out. They weren't running with me but we were certainly having our share of fun. See you all soon!
          Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!
          obiebyke

Thanks for the congrats. I just booked myself a massage for tomorrow. Jumping the gun a little, I know, but my back is killing me and I won't have another chance until next week. Now if only I could find someone else to pay for it... I'm going to try running again on Monday. I've been getting itchy legs just reading the forums and knowing I'm not adding miles to my log (except in the stationary bike category). Crossing my fingers. Good job everyone, and your goals are impressive!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Kris- I was thinking about doing the Disney Marathon someday. It does sound like an amazing time. I'll have to see if I can recruit someone to go with me next year. Now that's something to think about... Wow, got a little nervous just contemplating it.
              Meg http://megs411nosmoke.blogspot.com/

My legs are killing me

Go for it Meg! No guts, no glory! lol It would be a great accomplishment.

Big Chicken!

Do it, do it, do it!!!! This is a total no-pressure marathon. It's just good times all around. As for recruiting friends, you've got me and Andy so far! (We're still working on Sully Wink) SEE YOU THERE!!! Big grin
                  Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!

My legs are killing me

Andy, Did you do the Hampton 1/2 yesterday? How'd it go? Sorry about your Patriots. Well not really. lol

Gotta TRI

Hey Sully, No, actually the half is coming up this weekend, the 10th. Can't wait! will definatly post when it's over. As far as the Pats....I got nothing. I am truly bummed. So, as I hang my head in shame, I extend my hand to you and say congratulations on your win. ( Lousy Giants Angry ) Andy
                      2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

My legs are killing me

Oh ok, good luck! If my leg was better a couple of weeks earlier I would have joined you. I bet my son $5 straight up the Giants would win. I had a feeling. I've been around long enough to know that when everyone is picking one team go the other way.