Ex-smokers support

First step (Read 478 times)

patarch1

New Haven 08

Thanks, The second smoke free weekend passed. I was with non smoking people all day Sunday so I went patchless, I actually felt much calmer than with the patch. Tomorrow I am starting the lowest dosage patch. Thanks again for the support.

200 mile bike trip in three days with sleeping gear and change.

Get the Saturday running club back up.

Run below 8 minutes per mile for 6 miles.

Gotta TRI

Wow, That's great! 2 Smoke free weekends leads to 3 and it just keeps getting better. Congratulations.
      2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
      patarch1

New Haven 08

Undecided This was a bad weekend. An old friend from Europe visiting the US came for dinner on friday. He was smoking outside but each time he was coming back inside the smell of cigarette was driving me insane. Last cigarette he had I asked if I could light it! Then he realized I had not been smoking all night and that I had stopped. He took the cigarette away from me and apologized for the temptation. The lesson learned is that I should warn everybody I stopped smoking. The short term result is that I erased the white board I was keeping with the days spent not smoking. This sucks but i learned another way of avoiding temptation. ...... Patarch1

Gotta TRI

Ok, so you lit a cigarette. Did you inhale? Big grin Just kidding. That must have been one heck of a temptation, but don't beat yourself up over it. At least your friend was understanding about it and wasn't trying to get you to light up. These little setbacks ( and this barely qualifies ) are all part of the process and if you don't let it get to you you can easily move on. Hang in there, you'll get there.
          2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

try not to be too hard on yourself, many many people have bigger set backs then you. You didn't go and buy a pack of smokes and start up again, be proud of yourself!
            -Jen
            2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
            patarch1

New Haven 08

Hi, Simply a little update on my non smoking status. All is well, I even forgot to put the X on the calendar for yesterday (every day non smoked gets an X the following morning) I still get alert when I smell someone smoking but I do not stop to stare anymore Big grin Have a great weekend. Patarch1

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

My husband used to not only stop, stare but then take a huge deep breath! Big grin it's amazing how time goes on and it's less and less noticeable! I still will perk when I smell it but it's not a I want one perk it's a eww smoke perk!
                -Jen
                2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!