Ex-smokers support

First Tri Results (Read 391 times)

Gotta TRI

First Triathalon down! This one was a sprint. Wow! The swim KICKED my @$$!! 1/3 of a mile. I just did not have it. Got through that in 12:27. I was looking forward to the bike, but, I was wiped after the swim. Hypoxic, lightheaded and totally sucking wind. Got myself rolling on the bike after a few misses getting clipped in. 12 miles. Rode hard and steady, playing "leap frog" with another competitor. By the end of the bike I was ahead. 39: and change.Made a pretty good transition here and took off on the 5k. Had a crash course on Chi running the night before and did my best to utilize it here. I was tired, but had no noticeable pains. Felt like I was running on the slow side but pulled in a 26; and change ( a PR ) for a 1:23:something. They had some timing issues, preliminary posting had me listed in 18th place overall, but on closer examination found my swim time as 2:27! Still waiting for the final results and will post later. Overall, a positive experience. Will definatly work on the swim all week. Next week we run an international distance tri.
    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
    obiebyke

andy, that's amazing! A 26 5k on the last leg? Whoa. Shocked Good job.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

My legs are killing me

Andy, Nice job! It sounds like alot of fun. If I ever learn how to swim I think I'll give it a whirl.
        patarch1

New Haven 08

Great Job, I was opening the swim season by practicing rolling in my kayak and I forgot the ear plugs. The result is one ear drum got pierced due t many head impacts with the water. No swim until it heals. I wanted to try a swim bike run event but now I have to wait... Undecided

200 mile bike trip in three days with sleeping gear and change.

Get the Saturday running club back up.

Run below 8 minutes per mile for 6 miles.

Gotta TRI

How hard is it to do the roll in a kayak? DW and I keep talking bout getting some kayaks.
            2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon