Ex-smokers support

Quit! (Can I have the 1?) (Read 224 times)

Just joined today! Hello to all fellow 'non-smokers' (and to those soon to be so!) Wink

I quit smoking just over a month ago (for lent, Ash Wednesday coincided with Britain's national no smoking day, it was a bit of a hint!). Anyway, so it's getting quite easy now, although I have this slight problem ...

I discovered an entire packet of cigarettes in a bag of mine, I can't bare to throw them!

I discovered a single cigarette in a packet in my car, I've dreamt about smoking it a couple of times. Is it that bad if I just smoke this one on Easter Sunday? My 46 day reward??

Anyway, the quitting has certainly helped my running! Last year, I managed 5k as a max, and that was really me maxed out and I couldn't progress any further. Half the time, twice the distance (almost, planned 10k on Sunday, 9k max to date).

Never forget the man who mistook his wife for a hat!

Ποτέ δεν ξεχνά τον άνθρωπο που μπέρδεψε τη γυναίκα του για ένα καπέλο!

obiebyke

Smoking would make Jesus cry on his reborn day. Don't make Jesus cry.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

My vote: No

I was seriously addicted...3 packs a day... plus chewed tobacco.... what was I thinking.

I know in my heart, one puff (forget about a whole ciggarette) and I could be back at it!

Dont take take the chance!

Best of luck, and Happy Easter!!!

Steve

Gotta TRI

Having quit back in 07' I can honestly say there are few days that go by without the passing thought of having a cigarette. That being said, I can also add that during the hundred or so times I quit before it stuck that I would fall prey to your very notion. That one smoke will ALWAYS lead to another, than another, and so on and so on etc. My two cents? Don't do it. Good luck, and congrats for quitting.

Andy

2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

Well Jon..... How's it going????

How's it going? It's my 3 month anniversary today! Although, I'm sometimes convinced I've smoked because I sometimes have really vivid dreams of smoking and I wake up and have to smell my clothes to make sure!! But they're much less regularly than they were.

I have however gained a stone (or so) of quitting weight. And developed a crack in my right tibia that is preventing me from running. And if I was sensible, I'd listen to the pain and cease all exercise, but I can't :P
              But smoking wise, ok Wink  (I didn't have the one!)

Never forget the man who mistook his wife for a hat!

Ποτέ δεν ξεχνά τον άνθρωπο που μπέρδεψε τη γυναίκα του για ένα καπέλο!