Improving Your 5K

Goal (Read 933 times)

Just curious to what your PR is now and what your goal is. My PR is 21:36 My goal is 21:00 - by November 21st.

Michelle

djh15

right now ,my pr is little under 20 min (19:53)

Slow-smooth-fast

pr now is 21:15, wanna be under 20 for xmas

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

djh15

has everyone seen the 7 day optional schedule if you want you can make slight changes
            PR is 23.44 and I'd like to get under 23 mins by the end of the year. MTA: PR is now 23.29.... Modified again: PR is now 23.00 - time for a new goal.... And again: PR is now 22.29 Smile

The voice of mile 18

anything under 20:00 by december 31, 2007

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

I haven't run a 5k since cross-country in high school (now 6 or 7 years ago) and I've never run a 5k road race. My first one is this Saturday morning, though, and I'm very excited. I'm hoping for a 22:00. I think it's within reach.

sean

Prophet!

PR 24:02 Goal - anything under that in about a week... Smile
                    So I ran a fairly unintelligent race and finished in 22:53. Too bad I didn't break 22, but really I'm reasonably happy with the way it went. A pretty good first 5k. Now I've gotta get a few more months running under my belt and we'll see what happens to the time. Smile

sean

So I ran a fairly unintelligent race and finished in 22:53. Too bad I didn't break 22, but really I'm reasonably happy with the way it went. A pretty good first 5k. Now I've gotta get a few more months running under my belt and we'll see what happens to the time. Smile
                      That's a really great first 5k race time! Congratulations!

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

just curious what do think was unintelligent about your race? that is a very respectable time and excellent first time back!! congratulations!

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

so a new goal: PR = 23.00 22.29 goal = 22.30 22.00 by end of Feb 08.
                            That's a really great first 5k race time! Congratulations!
                            Thanks!

sean

just curious what do think was unintelligent about your race? that is a very respectable time and excellent first time back!! congratulations!
                              Well, two things combined to waste a lot of energy in the first mile. One, I ran with a couple of buddies and stayed with them for the first mile and half, then died and slowed down A LOT for the second and third miles. Two, we started way back in the crowd and ended up dodging masses of walkers for the first third of a mile -- lots of wasted energy. I guess I was being a little hard on myself, though. On the upside, I ran another 5k this past weekend and it went quite differently. This time, rather than getting stuck in the back we were on the line when the gun went off and ended up running the first quarter at faster than six minute pace. I slowed down when I realized what was going on though, and ended up running 6:55, 7:07, 6:49, change for a 21:13 which I was very pleased with. No more 5ks for a while, but I think I will try for around 20:30 the next time I run one (probably in the new year sometime).

sean

Marquess of Utopia

PR: 15:48 Goal: 17:00 Confused
                                My goal is not to run slower. Wink My PR was set in college, and shortly after I set my PR I stopped running for 5 years.