Improving Your 5K

5K PR (Read 355 times)

I finally broke 21 minutes last night at a local weekly 5K. I put a race report in the Racing Forum so I wont go into all the details here. But I got a 20:54 (probably actually a 20:52 because i stopped running at the wrong finish line) and the head wind was ridiculous for more than half the race, so I am feeling better about another PR once the weather gets nicer here.

2015 Goals

Run 1,800 miles

Do 10 minutes of core work every day

10 mile goal: 1:12:00 (Black Cat 10 miler - March)

Good job fighting the wind. I took a quick look at your log, and you have been consistent with your training. Are you going to enter that 5K weekly? That would take a lot of me - good luck.
        Awesome job. Congratulations! Smile

Michelle

Marathon Maniac # 3228

Good job fighting the wind. I took a quick look at your log, and you have been consistent with your training. Are you going to enter that 5K weekly? That would take a lot of me - good luck.
          I am currently doing the 5K about every 3 weeks or so I think (this was my third this year) and plan to continue that way. I have a half marathon in a week and then a 5K that I do every year at the beginning of April, but it is nice to have the option there when I want it. What I dont like is that right now it is pitch black out during the race, but that should change after daylight savings this weekend.

2015 Goals

Run 1,800 miles

Do 10 minutes of core work every day

10 mile goal: 1:12:00 (Black Cat 10 miler - March)

Nice job on the PR.