Improving Your 5K

A 5k PR (Read 422 times)

Am I allowed to celebrate here? Today I ran a new 5k PR - 23.29 - a PR by 15 seconds Smile
      Congratulations!! Celebrations are always welcome here! Especially PR ones. Smile

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

congrats on the PR!

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

djh15

i ran a 5k race as well and my time was 18:12 pr by 30 sec.
            congratulations djh
            djh15

you too
                congrats on the PR!
                Hi Joe! Feeling better? Staying hydrated? Smile

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

wow some fast folks here! and no miss I'm drinking lots of coffee but I am keeping my breakfast down Tight lipped

Am I allowed to celebrate here? Today I ran a new 5k PR - 23.29 - a PR by 15 seconds Smile
                    Mandy, what do you think you've done differently with your recent training to help get your PR? I'm just asking because I found in the past that doing intervals greatly helped me and was wondering if anyone else noticed the same. Some have better luck with doing more tempo runs.

Michelle

definitely intervals for me - i like 5 x 1km. plus just being more consistent with training
                        and today i get to report another PR! 23.00 - a 29 second improvement. those intervals rock! Big grin
                          Very cool! Congratulations! Isn't that a great feeling...and 29 seconds is a nice improvement. Smile

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

30 seconds in a month?!?! that is AWESOME!! congratulations

30 seconds in a month?!?! that is AWESOME!! congratulations
                              Seriously. I'd take that and be very happy!!!

Michelle

thanks both of you! i was a bit stunned to be honest. and i am very definitely happy!