Improving Your 5K

5K PR (Read 355 times)

jeffdonahue

I finally broke 21 minutes last night at a local weekly 5K. I put a race report in the Racing Forum so I wont go into all the details here. But I got a 20:54 (probably actually a 20:52 because i stopped running at the wrong finish line) and the head wind was ridiculous for more than half the race, so I am feeling better about another PR once the weather gets nicer here.
      Good job fighting the wind. I took a quick look at your log, and you have been consistent with your training. Are you going to enter that 5K weekly? That would take a lot of me - good luck.
        Awesome job. Congratulations! Smile

Michelle

jeffdonahue

Good job fighting the wind. I took a quick look at your log, and you have been consistent with your training. Are you going to enter that 5K weekly? That would take a lot of me - good luck.
          I am currently doing the 5K about every 3 weeks or so I think (this was my third this year) and plan to continue that way. I have a half marathon in a week and then a 5K that I do every year at the beginning of April, but it is nice to have the option there when I want it. What I dont like is that right now it is pitch black out during the race, but that should change after daylight savings this weekend.
            Nice job on the PR.