Highschool Forum

Help a brotha out (Read 172 times)

clintmorningwood

I have never been good. 

For the last few months I have been getting slower (31 5k) 

It has gotten to the point where I have no motivation to run. 

Any experience to be shared? Or tips or whatever 

Pitcherpde

I have not had experience in slowing times, but I am a new runner and I am sure that will happen to me. Though, I have sometimes had a lack of motavation to run. I just take my watch off and go out and not care how far or fast I run just enjoy running and remember why I started the sport in the first place. 

Goals- Sub-5 mile; sub-11 3200; sub-2:20 800

TheHurdler

Simi Valley HS Hurdler

Nor have had experience with progressively getting slower but, with the rut you seem to be in, just try to run for fun not for times or for points or for whatever. Run for what you started running for, and if that is null now, like I said earlier just run for the fun of it, no watch, a loose plan and no pressure.

Prs:             Freshman         Sophomore           (Goals)

110mHH:   15.97                 15.71  (14.4)

300miH:     46.97                 46.18  (42)

HJ:               5'2                      5'4       (5'8)

5k XC:         20:26                  19:46

The 800m Runner

You need to take a break Brad. It sounds like you are burnt out, and have some fun with your running; play a couple of pick up basketball, football, and/or soccer games.

Prs:    200m     400m      800m       1600m      5000m

9th         ?             6x           2:3x           6:xx             ?

10th      24.3x     55.5x      2:11.2x       ?                 ?

11th        ?              ?               ?             ?            18:55

savage16

Hey, onirocdarb, I was in the same position coming out of 8th grade XC.  I got slower from a 19:43 8th grade PR (5000) to eventually not finishing a race six months later.  So... my parents had some tests run and found out that I was bleeding internally which had lead to anemia.  I spent three months building my blood Iron levels back up, and now I am pretty much back in the groove as of september.  Pretty much ruined my freshman year but hey...

Hope this helps, and good luck man!

GO PRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clintmorningwood

*Update*

I went for my third real run this year. I did a mile yesterday and on New Years. Today I planned on making the most of my xbox live free trial, but I decoded to go for a run anyway. Hear that folks? I WANTED to run. I hope I can stick with it now. I plan on starting small for the next two weeks just to get off to a solid start with no other month breaks. @Savage I had my blood iron checked as well, but doc said that it was sleep deprivation and anorexia. I think i have both of those under control

But thanks to everyone

The 800m Runner

Remember don't stress out about weight and/or eating. Eat when ever you are hungry. Don’t obsess over race weight, because until you get into elite times that won’t make that much of a difference. Also I’d recommend adding some weights and/ or plyos to keep training interesting. Another thing is that is hard to get tired of running if you love it! Believe in yourself, and what ever your training is regardless of what you do/ your coaches make you do. You will have bad days and good days, so don’t let the bad days bother you! Most importantly enjoy yourself!

Prs:    200m     400m      800m       1600m      5000m

9th         ?             6x           2:3x           6:xx             ?

10th      24.3x     55.5x      2:11.2x       ?                 ?

11th        ?              ?               ?             ?            18:55

clintmorningwood

Remember don't stress out about weight and/or eating. Eat when ever you are hungry. Don’t obsess over race weight, because until you get into elite times that won’t make that much of a difference. Also I’d recommend adding some weights and/ or plyos to keep training interesting. Another thing is that is hard to get tired of running if you love it! Believe in yourself, and what ever your training is regardless of what you do/ your coaches make you do. You will have bad days and good days, so don’t let the bad days bother you! Most importantly enjoy yourself!

That is part of my problem. After I run I usually cant eat that much for the next hour so i dont. I cant seem to get around me not feeling hungry after a run, so i have adopted more calorie dense foods.

And thank you for your other adviceSmile